'Wonder' hair shampoo? Phylia de M

Options

Comments

• Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I would be interested to know what works for fine hair, mine is terrible, always had fine hair. I have been using Trevor Sorbie Thickening Shampoo for fine hair which does help. Also use VO5 hot oil treatment once a week. But when I went to get my hair trimmed the other week she mentioned I had breakage at the front.
  • thehappybutterfly
    Options
    I've got very thin fine hair too and have never found a product that will thicken it without simply coating it and making it look a bit manky really. Bleaching or colouring help to thicken the hairshaft so that might help but it's not a long term solution.

Changing your hairstyle might be what you have to do. I wanted long thick Cheryl Cole type hair but that's not what I've got so I gave up growing it and accepted that my hair looks better as a pixie crop. Being shorter means it's not weighed down and I can use more hair thickening products on it like powders and sprays.

Work with what you've got - don't try and make your hair do something it's just not capable of!
  • WolfSong2000
    WolfSong2000 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    for a short-term quick-fix, dry shampoo's like Batiste (sp?) can add a bit of volume :)
  • londonsurrey
    londonsurrey Posts: 2,444 Forumite
    Options
    Work with what you've got - don't try and make your hair do something it's just not capable of!

You're so right. It's taken me 41 years for someone to say that to me, and it explains why I couldn't get any of those styles I'd been struggling with to work!
  • ScaryBiscuits
    Options
    MoneyWorry wrote: »
    I purchased the Phylia de M shampoo and it's awful for me. Weighs my hair down and just makes it more flat than ever. I will be listing the bottle on Ebay shortly.

Oh, that's a pity. I have only recently started to use the products and haven't found that problem (I was going to report back on here with my thoughts/experience in a few months' time).

I wonder if it would be possible to obtain a refund if you found the product awful? Alternatively, have you tried contacting the Phylia people direct about the problem? I understand they are happy to respond directly to queries/comments.

I wouldn't say I'm noticing a massive improvement in my hair or its growth yet, as it is early days of using the product but it is certainly looking a bit better - less fluffy/flyaway and also less greasy the next day.

Yes, thehappybutterfly, it's certainly true that the right hairstyle helps and I too accepted years ago that I would have to work with what I've got and I was never going to have a thick head of hair!
  • Racheldevon
    Racheldevon Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    My mum has been using this for thinning hair, and loves it, it is expensive but you only need a small amount, washing it out thoroughly doesn't appear to flattern her hair
  • treebond
    Options
    I've been on Victoria Healths website tonight, they have some travel sizes of the Phylia De M set for £40. A bit cheaper if you want to try before you buy the bigger set.....I still didnt buy it though.....
  • GrannyAtkinson
    Options
    I bought this amazing stuff from Victoria Health and am about to purchase my third lot. Initially I got the shampoo, conditioner and connect - and now I just find using the shampoo and conditioner works a treat for me. My hair is fine but thick and when I've used this product, it shines and is bouncy and healthy looking.

I would recommend it 100 times over!

Some things are not suited to everyone, and I understand if someone else might not have found it so great, but I can only speak as I find. I have tried everything on the market from the cheapies to the most expensive and don't mind how much I spend if it works. This product does what it says.

It also lasts for ages if you use according to the instructions. Just a small penny sized amount of shampoo (twice) and then a penny sized amount of conditioner - left in the hair - will do it.

Hope it helps!

Jay x:T
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sulphate surfactant free, not surprised it can improve flyaways, greasiness and hair loss. Part of the effect will simply be down to quitting harsh cleansing agents known to damage both skin and hair. ;)
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Sparkles444
    Options
    Hello,
    I too am always looking for ways to improve my fine hair.
    I tried the Phylia de M range recently and didn't really think the shampoo and conditioner did anything. However I'm now on my second bottle of the Connect and I have lots of new hair growth at the front which I'm really pleased about. However I now see they have brought out yet another product Re-Connect which is more expensive and has to be used in conjunction with Connect. Not sure whether I will try that but I will certainly continue with the original spray.
    Hope that helps

Good afternoon,

I've been looking for ways to improve my fine hair as "I can't do a thing with it"!

I have came across the 'Phylia de M' hair product range on the Beauty Bible website and they seem to rave about it, along with "half of Hollywood" apparently. I wondered if anyone had tried it (or even heard of it)?

It's certainly not the cheapest range (and not very MSE, I know) - shampoo is £28, conditioner £30 and the hair strengthening spray called 'Connect' is £45. I think the products are only available from Victoria Health.

The article on Beauty Bible is
    beautybibleloves dot com/hair/phylia-de-m-3-step-kit/

Incidentally, the Beauty Bible website also mentions Aveda's Invati haircare system, which sounds like it does a similar job. It is a little cheaper (ahem) at £80 for the set, although the sizes of the shampoo and conditioner are a bit smaller. No reviews on Beauty Bible, but those on Aveda's website sound encouraging.

If anyone has any experience of either of these, it would be interesting to hear.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport