A Payment A Day - Chapter 14

mandz1
mandz1 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
edited 1 April 2014 at 7:41PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
*The principles of PADding*

Emily Hallett started a fantastic thread called 'a payment a day' which you can find here:

Thread 1

The thread was a huge success and was continued in 'A Payment a Day Parts 2-12'. Those threads can be found here:

Thread 2 Thread 3 Thread 4 Thread 5 Thread 6 Thread 7 Thread 8 Thread 9 Thread 10 Thread 11 Thread 12 Thread 13

The thread is extremely supportive and friendly, with lots of madness and smileys to boot! It is ever increasing, which is why the 2013 challenge is continuing on a brand new thread.

The principle of the idea is that you pay any extra money you have against a debt to clear it a little bit quicker. Not everyone makes a daily payment, but instead they save money to make a lump sum at the end of the month. You can do it anyway you want to, but join the thread and let us know how you are getting on.

Some PaD-ers have cleared their debts and are now focusing on saving following the same principal, so they still post on the thread. Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime.

Best wishes to everyone

*The numbers*

To show how well we all do, the collective amount paid to each debt, per month, will be logged here. Look how amazing the totals are

In 2011 the People of PAD repaid towards their debts/savings a massive:

:T:j:T£440,536.74 :T:j:T

£373,295.71 in 2012 :T:T:T

2013 total:- £254,420.24 :T :T :T

2014 monthly totals

January -£73,659.55
February -£18,183.50
March -£16,550.92
April -

*The Rules*
1) To assist the monthly 'counter-upper' please post your PaD in Bold, colour, large, or all three
2) Once you join, you cannot leave ;)
PAD Maker

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Kicking off June with£814 to the nominated CC :)

Last month I reduce one outstanding debt by 44% just through make PADs - I just round down the bank account each day and pay on line a nominated card - works wonders I rarely notice the 'extra' going out - only the fab reduction on the monthly bill :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Thanks to Mandz for starting this new thread and for posting all the 2013 totals so far and last but not least for being our fabulous, fantastic, counter upper for May :T

And thanks to Igamogam for taking over the baton for June and being our new super duper counter upper :j

Let's all hope it's a brilliant month for PADs :D

I am starting off the month with a rounding down PAD of £11.67 to the NatWest OD. This now leaves us with 4 monthly payments and another debt will bite the dust at the end of September :T
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • LunaLady
    LunaLady Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Lovely shiny new thread :j

Starting off with a payment of £10.00 please
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!! :D
  • jet9cat
    jet9cat Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Hey there, fellow PADders, and good to see you all on chapter 14, duly saved to my favourites. Thanks to Mandz for sorting it all out and counting up last month.

Well, the payday financial review shows I have a suspiciously large amount of money left in the current account before my pay went in. In part this is due to OH paying me back some money into the housekeeping fund that he owed but I also seem to have done better than I thought considering May was a low payday month. I don't trust that I won't need the money for something I've forgotten, though, so for the moment I've paid £200 into emergency funds.
    Every penny's a prisoner
    PADding is addictive
    MFW August 2023 - unless I get my butt into gear :D
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all:j

Popping in to PAD £5000.00 to tax saving a/c plz Igamogam - tkyou!! Starting as I mean to go on...tax bill due later this year:eek::eek::eek:

Fantastic total for May - tks to Mandz1 for being a great counter-upper:T:T:T:T
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Found you!

I have paid 100.37 to my BC card.

am aiming to pay something somewhere each day.........but having just done my money for the month I have literally done my money!! so we shall see

xxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Good morning fellow PADders :)

A little rounding down PAD of £8.33 to emergency fund today please Igamogam :T

Have a super sunny Sunday everyone :D
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Igamogam
    Forumite
    edited 3 June 2013 at 6:03AM
    Total for Saturday was a fantabulous................
    £6035.67

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Sorry got carried away with font size:o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • Igamogam
    Forumite
    £2.90 to the nominated CC :)

To all those who took part in Race for Life events to day and the coming weeks.........thank you:)
  • CariadsDream
    CariadsDream Posts: 32 Forumite
    Can I chip in this month please x I find once started its addictive ive got a credit card of £299.99 on 0% till july so will do my damnedest to pay this off with bits n pieces earned and not spent started just now with £9.99/£399.99-£390 left.. oops lucky I checked as the bills £399.99 ...
    June groc chal-£42/£220.
    Slim world joined may 2013 -9lb June 2/14 NSD,0/10 LSD
    PAD £119.14/£399.99 29.8%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills