Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    locarr wrote: »
    Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of pepsi, or any kinds of soda! 6 months without eating bread, cake or anything sweet. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive... I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!... no alcohol, eating healthy and above all, an hour of exercise every day!!!
    I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Miele C3 PowerLine Vacuum Cleaner £129.99 - lowest Amazon price by £20
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/miele-c3-powerline-vacuum-cleaner-129-99-lowest-amazon-price-20-2555046
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    OMG mhoc..... you must be really gobby to hit this score after being away for 2 weeks!!!

(I am amazed that Di is so low!)

Can you please tell me how warm it was at IDH yesterday?
    We have had the idea of wearing layers but weather as it is at the moment I am in the thought of taking a nice warm coat and using the cloakroom. Can't cope with carrying a coat round.
    Mum as lent me a lovely foldup rucksack but would prefer to fill it with goodies than clothes.
    Anyone buy anything nice? Remember TS and her cup cakes one year.

V x
    It was warm enough but not unpleasantly hot. TS and I both put our coats in the cloakroom but MKS and Pacifica kept theirs on. I wore a very light long sleeved jumper and was comfortable. TS had a short sleeved top and a thicker jumper, which was tied round her waist a lot of the time.
  • My nectar app is screwed and isn't giving me any up to date info - it thinks I've swiped my nectar card 6 times in the last two weeks, when so far it's actually been nine, and no e of my bonus points are showing either :mad:

Mine's ok online, though I can only get into it via 'my account' and not via the main page, which says it's still updating.

I'm due 250 bonus from 4 swipes but that's all, and on the offer page there are only 5 offers showing, Expedia etc, which I won't be doing.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    locarr wrote: »
    Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of pepsi, or any kinds of soda! 6 months without eating bread, cake or anything sweet. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive... I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!... no alcohol, eating healthy and above all, an hour of exercise every day!!!
    I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste

You daft booger, I fell for that from the very first word

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Today we are giving away a Scented Hyacinth in a festive gift pot - worth £14.99, absolutely FREE* for all MyMail members.

Your loved ones will really appreciate the simple pleasure of scented hyacinths in their home this Christmas. Deceptively simple, yet unerringly stylish, these exquisitely fragranced hyacinths are guaranteed to impress.

It couldn't be easier to claim your free scented hyacinth - all you have to do is pay £5.65 postage to claim.

How To Claim
    1.Go to your account at mymail.co.uk
    2. Enter any one Unique Number from the back page of the Mail from Friday, 25 November to Tuesday, 29 November
    3. Click 'Redeem' by Saturday, 3 December
    4. An email on how to claim your free* Hyacinth will be sent to your inbox within 24 hours
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Enterprise - thanks for your help, I'll have a look at Aldi.

Anyone know what Amazon are like with price matching or refunding the difference once an item has been delivered? I ordered an Amazon Echo Dot this afternoon and just seen it's going to be £10 cheaper in Argos tomorrow. Live chat just said I'll have to wait for delivery tomorrow and then do another chat to get a free returns label :mad:

I'm sure someone else got a refund or two when the price dropped, but 'Norman' insisted they didn't do that... Looks like I'll be up to midnight and have to reserve one just in case Amazon won't do anything, I'm not wasting a tenner, I've already lost £2 on the chromecast :eek::(
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 24 November 2016 at 9:03PM
    Arthien wrote: »
    Enterprise - thanks for your help, I'll have a look at Aldi.

Anyone know what Amazon are like with price matching or refunding the difference once an item has been delivered? I ordered an Amazon Echo Dot this afternoon and just seen it's going to be £10 cheaper in Argos tomorrow. Live chat just said I'll have to wait for delivery tomorrow and then do another chat to get a free returns label :mad:

I'm sure someone else got a refund or two when the price dropped, but 'Norman' insisted they didn't do that... Looks like I'll be up to midnight and have to reserve one just in case Amazon won't do anything, I'm not wasting a tenner, I've already lost £2 on the chromecast :eek::(

Go on livechat tomorrow and tell them you are not happy dropping the price before you even received the goods..I have always got the difference back :) I would go on livechat again tonight and hope you don't get Norman .

I have always found livechat very helpful
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tweets wrote: »
    Go on livechat tomorrow and tell them you are not happy dropping the price before you even received the goods..I have always got the difference back :) I would go on livechat again tonight and hope you don't get Norman .

I have always found livechat very helpful

Thanks, was that when they dropped their own price though, or did they match a competitor?
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just popping in to see how everyone is. Nice seeing Calmspirit posting, even if it is just about booze :rotfl:

My Lidl didn't have ant cellphone wrapping paper in today, so will get it elsewhere. I'm just thinking though, perhaps I should go myself tomorrow, Mr AJ offered to go for me and I'm not sure I can trust him to have a good look up and down all aisles :o

I'm still on the hunt for a phone, I'm looking at a Cubot Rainbow or Cubot Note on Amazon. Also looked at Moto E3 at T Direct but it's only got 1GB so I'm off that idea. I want to Whatsapp, I want the shopping apps on it too :o. Anyone got any ideas, I want a 5" screen so I can see more :rotfl:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure