Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :wave: Hello all

Update on our DMP journey

Had 2 letters today from MBNA ( we had a CC each). Both letters state that they are accepting our monthly payment offers and will reduce interest and charges to 0%. They also say that the payments I will be making will not sop a default going on our credit file. According the the DMP thread the advice is that this is a good thing. The earlier they do it the better.

I only said yesterday that the letters will start coming. I'm not stressed about them and await the others that will be winging their way to us very soon. I am ready to deal with whatever they throw at me. It's still got to be easier that's trying to keep our heads above water like we have been for heaven knows how long.

Had to give in and pop to the corner shop for milk, bread and some vape liquid. ( I haven't bought cigarettes for 2 years). This needs to go as well now me thinks :). I spent £5.25. Which is a darn site less that if I'd gone to the shops with my old head on.

Will be meal planning and writing my shopping list ready for the weekend. May even go tomorrow night depending if I have the energy. So proud of myself for not giving in and holding out on my top up shop. We obviously didnt need any extras as it's Friday tomorrow and we've had a cooked meal every evening.

Healthy eating plan 2/10 reminding myself that Little pickers wear big knickers :rotfl:
    Mood 10/10
    Stress levels 0/10 :T
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Just had a thought too

Isn't it weird how when we had lots of unsused credit on CCs I would buy things as and when I thought I would. Now we have some money in the bank like savings etc I don't want to buy anything. Like how I need a top up shop but have been holding out hopefully until tomorrow when DH gets paid and I can work from my budget. Any other time I would have thought oh well I'll take CC x y or z and off I'd go and buy far too much stuff.

I feel that my whole mindset has changed and I now know that this is my true LBM :beer:
    M
    This is so me! I am much more conscious of that small positive balance in the bank than I ever was of the HUGE negative balance on the CCs.

Glad things are progressing smoothly with the DMP.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • motivated
    Options
    This is so me! I am much more conscious of that small positive balance in the bank than I ever was of the HUGE negative balance on the CCs.

Definitely agree. When I check my accounts I am like wow we have some money. A million miles away from being rich but it's all ours :p

Well done on your progress TOPM :T
    M
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello motivated, just letting you know I've subscribed. I've read the first page and and the last page, and will catch up the rest later.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi paws. Where does your username come from. Love it, I have the image of a litter of puppies or kittens all climbing around in a box :)
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    :j. Yay made it through our first week of real budgeting and it's Fridaaaay. Have really stuck to it this week and need to keep this going until it becomes a way of life.

I've had another little spring clean of my finances Last night I even swapped my purse. Cleared out my old purse and sorted out any old receipts and rubbish from it. Put all essential bits and pieces into a new purse (well one I had upstairs) Never bought a new one, im in debt in case I hadn't mentioned it :p
    Not a CC in sight and only have my new debit card from my new account.

Very sad I know but I feel this is adding to my new start. Old purse gone, old bank account gone old CCs gone (well not used anymore) old way of financial life gone :T

Onwards and upwards. My life not my debt :)
    M
  • ZarZar1990
    ZarZar1990 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Motivated! Sounds like you're having a great start.
    I've just started drawing my weekly 'allowance' of cash out to keep in my purse and not spending any more than that (and trying to spend less!) xx
    Personal Loan: Start: £22020:eek: Now: £18800 :j

Credit Card: £600

Overdraft: £500
  • motivated
    Options
    ZarZar1990 wrote: »
    Well done Motivated! Sounds like you're having a great start.
    I've just started drawing my weekly 'allowance' of cash out to keep in my purse and not spending any more than that (and trying to spend less!) xx

I should do this too. I will try it once I have done my budget later and paid my weekly things like tv licence gas electric groceries etc I will put some in my new purse and see how it goes
    M
  • motivated
    edited 11 March 2017 at 8:12PM
    Options
    Happy weekend all

Have been tidying my garden today. The weather has been lovely today :T
    I've swept the patio had a bit of washing hung out just a general tidy round really but it blew some cobwebs off of me :rotfl:
    A breath of fresh air instead of being stuck indoors. It doesn't take much to please me these days.

I logged into my DMP today and it says my review date will be 2018 and my DFD will be 0008 :eek: What is this meant to mean. They said approx 7 years Maybe its 107 years :eek: I plan to ring them on Monday to end my confusion. It's not hard to confuse me I can tell you :o

Payday on Wednesday for me and I will be panicking a little as I need to make sure my wages go into my new account. I'm even more concerned now as the lady who said she did it for me has mucked up my union membership. Apparently they were stopping taking the monthly subscription from my wages and I needed to complete a DD form to which I did. Thought no more of it until I recieved a letter from them saying "sorry you have cancelled your membership and left us" :mad: I then had to get straight online and rejoin which is going to cost me more now. I have been a member for the past 12 years and was still paying the earlier, cheaper rate. Anyone who joins now is being charged about £8 per month more. This gives me a bad feeling about my salary now.
    Will speak to her on Monday but the reply I got when I asked her if she had done my wages to the new account she bit my head off so I don't hold out much hope.

I will not be a happy bunny on Wednesday if she has cocked up again.

And breathe, Rant over :D
    M
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I'm laughing at your 107 year DFW journey!

I really hope your payroll woman hasn't cocked up, that would be a rubbish start to the process for you, and you've done so well keeping your chin up since your LBM.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback