Xmas Saver 2014: What's your best bargain? Let us know for a Forum Xmas saver badge

Options
Hi everyone!

We ran this last year and your Xmas/Jan sale bargain pictures were fantastic. They included a Lancome Christmas box and £27 Christian Louboutin shoes from a charity shop! See the Full Xmas Saver 2013 extravaganza.

So we're running it again this year. Yay :)

MSE Badger has a Christmassy forum badge in his sett. He's feeling festive and is offering it out to forumites who show us their best Christmas or January Sale bargain.

Whether it's Christmas stockings or stocking up on food, post your bargain photo below or tweet it to us. MSE Badger will pick the best to bag an exclusive Xmas Saver badge.
x-masbadge.png

To join in you need to

MSE Badger will pick his favourites and give the best a badge. If you get one, you'll receive a private message letting you know and your badge will appear on the left hand side.

Give a shout here or on twitter if you get a badge :)

PS, once again to Grabbit regulars thank you for joining in with something that's not a Grabbit. Hopefully you'll agree with us it's a great bit of Xmas fun!
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• jetplane
    jetplane Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the lancome red xmas beauty box for £42.50 in the Debenhams sale when buying a double pack mascara during the 15% off beauty sale. I also got a half price estee lauder revitalising kit from Boots, fantastic savings.

I upped my quidco cashback by £44.46 by shopping online.
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • angelcake89
    Options
    2.5kg potatos for 5p, a packet of parsnips for 5p (not out of date) and christmas flowers for 45p.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    edited 29 December 2014 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Fantastic!

Pictures (may) win virtual prizes :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 December 2014 at 11:26AM
    Options
    I had a £15 perfume box for £5, and these for free from O2 Priority Moments-
    • Disney Infinity character - Violet from Game
    • £5 box of cards from WHSmith
    • £1 bageutte lunch from Upper Crust (and again today)
    £35 of goods for £6 spend.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi

thanks to the amazing MSE forums this Christmas I:

I switched energy companies, getting £30 Quidco cash back, saving £200 a year and earning nectar points!

I also managed to get a cash back paying current account and credit card earning me cash back on Christmas shopping!

Best bargain was the £2.50 free range turkey I got my chance at Waitrose on Christmas eve, saving me £62.50 and I got 5% cash back on the purchase!

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • laura_hoggle
    Options
    Mine is slightly different... From reading lots of threads & the weekly emails on here, I used an old current account to switch to M&S for the £125 gift card incentive. I then used this to pay for the turkey & veg for Christmas Day lunch, and some wrapping paper & other bits-yes, M&S is more expensive than other supermarkets, but it was effectively free & I still have around £80 on it to spend!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500:j:j
  • MoaningMyrtle
    Options
    £4.20 for three fragrance gift sets (Prada, JPG and Yardley) with Tesco Clubcard boost. Free delivery to store. From weekly email on MSE.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Mine was a sale bargain :)
    A cordless drill, original price £29.99, sale price £21.99, vouchers used from doing online surveys £20, cost to me £1.99 :T

drill001_zpsa6335fa5.jpg

I don't do a huge amount of online surveys but it just shows how a few minutes each day soon mounts up. :)
    Normally I use the High St vouchers for everyday stuff and save money on my regular weekly shop but as my existing battery powered drill packed up a few months ago, I decided to treat myself in the January sales and I used the last of this years vouchers to put towards my purchase :D
  • emceeassassin
    Options
    I bought Jimmy Choo Flash gift set for 15 quid for a present and its still £30 in the sales and 45 beforehand. Happy days.
  • milocat
    milocat Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 December 2014 at 5:23PM
    Options
    3ESjOy3hA28WCRLopOEeJBSV5EGVutB9t6M7nQCx7dGVax7zR5gaQWKwpybA-TSBNA4z0JMncsA=w1342-h490

I made christmas arrangements instead of gifts for my family and friends using stuff I found (& a bag of oranges donated by my neighbour). It was totally free and much loved :)

Also used my clubcard vouchers to get a tree and lights for free! Yay!
    Laura 20.08.14 ♡ Ivy 05.07.13
    "...within me there lay an invincible summer."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family