"Purely Creative" magazine scratch card. How to claim

Comments

• leobon
    leobon Posts: 4 Newbie
    1. Whats my prize?
    So you've got 3 matching sybols (of course!), it says you might have won a million, a hundred thousand, twenty thousand... blah blah blah! Look at the small print, usually on the front. It will say quantities, only 1 or 2 big prizes, at the end of the list of prizes it will say "£10 x 5000+" that means most people win a tenner, assume thats all you've got.

YEAH I CAN AGREE WITH ALL THAT I once (like now) have won a holiday and you text or ring and it costs you £3 a go, if you text you get lots of replies all costing £3 a go. They ask you to send the "winning ticket off" and you do and then.... nothing. When I queried it I was asked... so where is your ticket because we don’t have it! There you go you have no proof even when you send it recorded as I did because they say there was not a winning ticket in it. Why can’t someone stop this kind of thing?
  • leobon
    leobon Posts: 4 Newbie
    Martin Lewis do something about this! they are making millions from this scam.
  • laurenjs88
    laurenjs88 Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    ive won a cash prize and a top treat with my sky mag this morning so will give this ago! Im on maternity leave untill November so it will be something to keep my occupied!
    Had my amazing little girlie 08/12/2007 - 11 days late! 9lbs 3oz
    My second little girl entered the world 20/03/2010 - 11 days late! 8lbs 4oz
    Sea
    led pot challenge 4 - 332
    Make £11k in 2011 £0/£11000 - 0%
    And lots of other challenges!
  • ButtonF1Fan
    ButtonF1Fan Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    leobon wrote: »
    1. Whats my prize?
    So you've got 3 matching sybols (of course!), it says you might have won a million, a hundred thousand, twenty thousand... blah blah blah! Look at the small print, usually on the front. It will say quantities, only 1 or 2 big prizes, at the end of the list of prizes it will say "£10 x 5000+" that means most people win a tenner, assume thats all you've got.

YEAH I CAN AGREE WITH ALL THAT I once (like now) have won a holiday and you text or ring and it costs you £3 a go, if you text you get lots of replies all costing £3 a go. They ask you to send the "winning ticket off" and you do and then.... nothing. When I queried it I was asked... so where is your ticket because we don’t have it! There you go you have no proof even when you send it recorded as I did because they say there was not a winning ticket in it. Why can’t someone stop this kind of thing?
    Erm, as i said, you do it all via post. Never call/text. And as for your next message, do you think Martin has time to read/chase every post people make on this forum?
    I also reccomended ignoring the holiday wins, just claim the tenner.
    Julie
  • xeena
    xeena Posts: 135 Forumite
    Found one of these scratchcards today and got 3 symbols and realised I could prob claim a tenner by post, but thought I'd have a look on the net first, and turned up this thread! Thanks for all the advice JJ :)
  • redzhell
    redzhell Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I actually did this last year and received a £100 giftcard which I can only use on a particular site. I was really chuffed until I registered on the site and found a load of crap which they valued pretty high. Told myself I'm not going to bother doing it at all but if your sister does get a tenner out of it regularly, then I'll start doing it!

Thanks for this info!
  • craftysarah
    craftysarah Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks for this info, I've just sent off 2 scratchcards so fingers crossed!
    LBM Jan 2011, Debt Free Sept 2017 - best feeling ever :)
  • redzhell wrote: »
    I actually did this last year and received a £100 giftcard which I can only use on a particular site. I was really chuffed until I registered on the site and found a load of crap which they valued pretty high. Told myself I'm not going to bother doing it at all but if your sister does get a tenner out of it regularly, then I'll start doing it!

Thanks for this info!

It is a simple wise scam.

You will never win more than what you put in. simply BIN it.
  • redzhell
    redzhell Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    jamesamike wrote: »
    It is a simple wise scam.

You will never win more than what you put in. simply BIN it.

I noticed this is your first post - did you sign up just to tell me that? If so, thank you! I don't mind spending a couple of stamps, an envelope and maybe a piece of paper though...
  • graemedl
    graemedl Posts: 5 Forumite
    A quick interweb search shows what happens to your contact details if you don't follow up the opt-out.

From a listing company this is their description of the resulting list of details. My emphasis on certain points (apologies if it doesn't show up properly)
    This file consists of responders to premium rate promotions in the UK & ROI
    distributed through over 300 million inserts via consumer magazines and national and
    regional press every year.
    This list provides a great opportunity to target impulsive mail order responsive and
    telephone friendly consumers with proven willingness to spend money via these
    mediums.
    The promotions offer entrants the chance to win a range of quality prizes with values
    of up to £1,000,000. In order to encourage participation, design formats and game
    mechanics are changed on a frequent basis.
    Approximately 25,000 names are added to the consumer databases per month.
    Individuals' hobbies include entering competitions, crosswords, gardening and cooking
    and entrants also take package holidays and enjoy reading, DIY and gardening.
    Promotional respondent's data works well for most mail order offers and especially
    financial services, fashion, music and book clubs.

i might still try and claim my £10 now I know the best way to avoid ending up on the marketing list - it'd be nice if MPS and TPS blocked it

Graeme
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport