HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• :j
    Yes, money received. Was anxious because of no confirmation but very happy with the amount that Hatton Garden Metals paid out to me.
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    • When did you use it - weighed gold (kitchen scales), submitted online claim at 2pm yesterday, reply received within minutes. Email printed out and package sent within the hour.
    • What did you send it - 25g 18ct scrap gold. Cost £5.05 using Special Delivery Next Day Service (trackable and £500 insurance). PO confirmed it was delivered before 10am today.
    • How much did it promise you - £459.79
    • How much did it deliver - £458.37 (not going to quibble about £1.42!)
    • How efficient was the service - very efficient! Confirmation email with total to be paid received at 1.38pm today, money was in my account by 2.15.
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - no reason given.
    • Anything else other people should know - it works! Cash in the bank in 24 hours.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • I used HGM yesterday and posted off my scrap gold had email today and money in my account this afternoon. Can recommend these people. I was a bit apprehensive as I only got a reference number, no email so I telephoned and they returned my call and reassured me before I posted the gold off. All's well in my world now as they got me out of a tight financial spot very very quickly and very fairly.
  • Fantastic service.
    Checked price paid at 4pm on Thursday, posted ring Special Delivery at 4.45pm. Money in bank account Friday at 12 noon. :j
  • I used a Gold company just recently where I received over £600 for some scrap gold I had lying around the house. Had I received Martins email about HGM at the time I would've got around £750 for it!
    I recommended HGM to my mum who also had odd bits n pieces lying around and a small bag of not much gold has just raised her over £500 for her trip to America, and the money was in her account the day after posting!!!
    Highly recommended to anyone who reads this and I will certainly be passing their name onto anyone who asks!
  • mitchaa wrote: »
    I sent them 40g of 9ct gold and was paid for 38.4g so a shortfall of 1.6g somewhere. (Amounted to around £14 at the time) Perhaps my digital kitchen scales were over reading as all items were definitely hallmarked gold and there were no stones.

Still, 9/10 for me, quick, easy, recommended, good price, money in bank account 24hrs after sending. Would have been 10/10 had they paid me for the 40g ;) (Saying that, probably down to scale innacuracy, mines or theirs)

As someone in the trade this says it all really!! HGM are a good company BUT they still have to make a profit and a reduction of weight , in this case of 4% means that in reality they pay no more than many local honest jewellers.

There are many honest local jewllers around who could just as easily put up their price per gram by 4% ie say from £8.50 to £8.884 or from £9 to £9.36 and then shave 4% off the weight!!! Otherwise HGM could not possibly make a profit¬! The point is yes HGM are good but no better than any honest company, prob in your own local area. Save the costs and risks of postage... Shop around.
  • elkerose
    elkerose Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 29 August 2010 at 7:19PM
    mitchaa wrote: »
    I sent them 40g of 9ct gold and was paid for 38.4g so a shortfall of 1.6g somewhere. (Amounted to around £14 at the time) Perhaps my digital kitchen scales were over reading as all items were definitely hallmarked gold and there were no stones.

Still, 9/10 for me, quick, easy, recommended, good price, money in bank account 24hrs after sending. Would have been 10/10 had they paid me for the 40g ;) (Saying that, probably down to scale innacuracy, mines or theirs)

Noted that there are some posts with weight loss and some others with carat loss (ie 22ct being treated as 20ct see MSE jenny's new gold thread the above loss represents 4% which brings down the price they pay to around 88% of bullion and less if you are losing carat.
    There are lots of local companies who pay this amount and you get to see the weight/ check the carat in front of you. So why take the risk of posting????

Ok so this forum has established that HGM pays a decent price, but come on there are loads that do, just ask the right questions and deal face to face.!! get to see everything
  • mitchaa
    mitchaa Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    I think they will probably fiddle the figures down a little in perhaps say 1 in 3 or 1 in 5 payments. That way they can get away with it. Proof in this thread alone, some people get exactly what they weighed it as and some people do not.

I was sure I had 40g, I only bought the scales a few days before and they were digital. (HGM weighed it at 38.4)

Still though 9/10 for me, beats the majority of high street prices by a country mile.
  • I sent in 43 gms of gold, just bits and bobs. Posted it at 4pm on 25th of August and by 1pm the next day the money was in my account. I got what the website said I would. Brilliant service and really easy to use. :T
  • Decided to use Hatton Garden Metals after reading the good reviews. Took my 33g of 9ct into a local jewellers that had been recommended to me by two people in the industry and the best they could offer me was £260.

Submitted my enquiry to HGM and was quoted around £302. Received email instructions straight away, decided to go with them and sent the gold off after the Bank Holiday (didn't want it sitting in the sorting office!). Received my remittance advice the next working day and actually received a higher amount (nearly £309) due to the price of gold going up. That's £50 more than on the high street for my tiny bit of gold, so I would recommend this company to everyone!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback