Tax Credit Check

Hi. I just wanted to know if anyone has been through anything similar please. I had a letter in November telling me they were checking my childcare entitlements. I replied back saying that I had inform them by letter that I no longer paid for childcare. I got a letter back saying I need to provide evidence of my children's childcare that I had been paying. I answered them back saying I no longer had the bills or receipts as I had thrown them (stupid of me I know). So I contacted the old childcare (which we didn't leave things on a good note...another story). They were horrible to me. I sent them a recorded letter which I took a pic of for the tax credits and I didn't hear anything back from the childcare. The tax credits didn't hear anything back either from the childcare. As I can't prove to hmrc what I paid they have stopped my money(which I accept).
They have now closed the case but what I'm worried about is that hmrc might take me to court. I have 3 kids and I'm pregnant with our 4th.I have spoken to hmrc online and they have said they are taking no further action. But there is something niggling in me! Am I over reacting?

Sorry to go on but I have never experienced this before.

A very worried mum x.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family