assesment

looking for some advice if anyone can help.

i have 2 kids to different mums. am currently paying child maintenance through the CMS to one childs mum the other mum asked me to cancel the other some time back which i did but pay the amount into my childs bank account instead.

she received a call from the cms a couple of weeks back due to the other mother appealing the amount she receives and subsequently opened a new case. Also saying i didn't pay anything which was her wish at the time but being paid into my kids bank.

Seemingly the adviser said she is entitled to more than she received before even though my circumstances have not changed.

i am a director in my own company not a big one at that. I have minimum earnings and subsequently am assessed on this basis. i have a flat i rent as well and have unearned income from this.

my question is, do the CMS asses my annual wages / salary ? or does my flat also come into the assessment?

thanks in advance

j

Comments

• If your total unearned income comes to more than £2500 a year and either mum has mentioned this to CMS, it will be counted under a variation.

As you are a director, do you receive dividends in addition to your PAYE income? If so, this is included within the unearned income variation, so it would be the combination of this and the profits from your flat rental that are added to your PAYE income.

Additionally, if you have any taxable benefits from your company, such as a company car, the taxable value of those benefits are also included as income when working out your maintenance.
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure