Getting a new born's birth certificate urgently.

13»

Comments

• You'd take a non-immunised 2 week old baby to India? For a wedding?
    Words fail me.

Totally agree and one thing you haven't answered is what is the airline's policy on newborns? and what about travel insurance?
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I was always told that baby had no real immune system for the first twelve weeks of life and that sitting on a plane with recycled air was a breeding ground for bacteria.

Also some babies do not fly well ears popping and all sorts.

To be honest I’m not sure how comfortable it would be for a woman having just had. A baby either naturally or through c section to sit in a cramped aircraft seat for about 8 hours... then I have a week or so away before doing it all agin on the way back.

I have to be honest and say I would be gutted to miss a wedding but travel makes me cranky and uncomfortable without having to factor in the need to frequently use the icky bathrooms on a plane shortly after delivering a baby.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I
    India. We have family there, in fact most of our relatives are there, so finding hospitals and being taken care of won't be an issue. .
    I'm glad about that because I can see you you availing yourself of the hospital facilities for probably bother mother and child by flying so shortly after birth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure