IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye, incorrect number plate entered

Options
Hi

My mum got a parking charge from parking eye from the car park at the local hospital. It's one that you have to enter your car registration on the machine but the ticket is showing the beginning as MMMM instead of MM which she didn't notice.

I've looked at the sticky but is there anything specific I need to say in this scenario?

Thanks

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nope , just use the blue text template "as is" , on their site , as KEEPER
  • Rachels1979
    Options
    Thanks. The blue text one I saw looks like it's for when the ticket is put on the car as it talks about contacting the dvla for details, but they've obviously already done that as she's had a letter. Is there another one for when it's a letter?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing!
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Has she still got the ticket/ sticky label.

If she has, FIRST THINGS FIRST.
    She must drop this "I made the mistake" and adopt the faulty equipment line.
    She is going to need to retain her backstop from a good fighting stance.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Rachels1979
    Options
    Yes, I have got the ticket as I am doing the appeal for her but I'm feeling a bit lost!
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    They will reject the template appeal without reading it so personally I would keep it simple.

"The driver of the vehicle was served a ticket by your equipment with partial registration details due to your faulty equipment registering single keystrokes twice , the parking fee was paid in full, the partial VRN offer you enough information top establish this fact and therefore you have suffered no loss other than what you faulty equipment has produced.
    A photocopy is included, you should acknowledge that you have therefore suffered no loss and cancel this charge

They will reject this as well, but from a legal point it would be the main deference point and main POPLA point and something that needs to be made clear from the off to allow them to mitigate the loss further.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Rachels1979
    Rachels1979 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's brilliant thanks.

If the POPLA appeal also gets rejected will she still have the chance to only pay half the "fine" or will she have to pay the full amount as it will have been so long after being issued?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No but I don't expect any of us consider that a 'chance' or opportunity. Take your eye OFF the bribe.

What happened when the victim complained to the NHS Trust and/or PALS (Google it and complain). As you would, especially if she is elderly, was ill or is under stress and this is the last thing she needs. We see so many cancelled by PALS and NHS Trust complaints.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Rachels1979
    Options
    I was just worried that if I did it wrong and the appeal didn't go through that I would end up costing my mum more money if she had to pay.

I did tell her to contact PALS but I think she was a bit embarrassed to. She gets really down on herself when she does something wrong so I didn't want to push it. She's 70 and was on her way to an appointment, I may try calling them myself and see if they would let me deal with it for her.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 10:38PM
    Options
    OK, you do it for her. Absolutely.

I don't mean the appeal, not in your name, in her name to PE of course.

I mean you can do the PALS complaint, certainly, because people are allowed to use a family member as an advocate, if they are elderly or vulnerable in any way. NHS Trusts know this.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Rachels1979
    Options
    I meant to update this earlier sorry. I spoke to PALS who put me in touch with the site manager and they sorted it for us. I think having the ticket helped loads.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure