DMP and Barclaycard.

2»

Comments

• Payplan have confirmed it is down to the interest being added on, I'm just trying to arrange a time to speak to them now.

Meant to say- the account is not on my credit report, it dropped off earlier this year.
  • On a similiar note we also have two x Egg cards that are now listed as being owned by Barclay card on credit reports - we are on a DMP with Stepchange - I have just pulled a credit report from noodle and the balance has been going down each month - but there is also a statement amount section this has not changed since 2011 - which coincidentatly was the last time I had any correspondence from Egg.

I am hoping that no interest has been applied as none was applied when it was an Egg account - but I do pay a small amount on my Barclay card which I am happy to pay as I borrowed the money and they arent a charity so I happy to pay back some interest - I dont want to rock the boat by phoning Barclay card - though I think I will have to.

All other creditors we received statements either monthly or yearly but have received nothing since 2011 for Egg/Barclaycard - they have received payments everymonth.

Any advice is appreciated.

thank you
    x
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Barclaycard are getting a name for this.

See

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5115710
  • Hmm. Well I've manged to get an appointment with Payplan tomorrow for my annual review so I've just rung BC to see what's going on at their end. The lady was really nice and helpful and said the account was closed when the default was issued in 2007 and no interest or charges have been applied since, and that the outstanding balance of almost £1900 is correct! So how the hell have payplan managed to miscalculate it by £1500?!

In one way I'm really pee'd off cos it means I'm definitely going to have to pay it, but then in another I'm relieved as I had visions of BC adding another grand on every year, forever. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure