jsa - voluntarily quit job

2»

Comments

• no he handed in a p45 and they made him fill in a p60 or whatever it is you fill in when you start a new job and has been told his p45 will be sent to him but he didn't have a written contract just a verbal arrangement.

He went in on sunday and the boss/owner refused to give him is wage held in lieu of £110 and only paid him £50 for the 3 days worked this last week ih should have been £110 too.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    no he handed in a p45 and they made him fill in a p60 or whatever it is you fill in when you start a new job and has been told his p45 will be sent to him but he didn't have a written contract just a verbal arrangement.

He went in on sunday and the boss/owner refused to give him is wage held in lieu of £110 and only paid him £50 for the 3 days worked this last week ih should have been £110 too.
    Verbal contracts are OK.

Did he also give a weeks notice? The week in hand may not be payable if he quit without notice. He can take the employer to court to recover the rest if he wants to. He could win.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • He said he would work his notices and stay on as long as needed to train up a new starter, as long as he could use the works vehicle as his was unusable which he did for one night but then the boss/owner decided that he didn't want him in after that. The notice period was 2 weeks.
  • benefitbaby
    benefitbaby Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    I wonder if your OH should consider a claim against his employer?
    I say employer because of the P45/P60 discussion.

A CAB or ACAS can advise of the merits however as an employee your OH was entitled to NMW, holiday pay and the 'relevant notice'.

On the JSA query I am with the other posters, a sanction would be harsh considering the employer won't provide a vehicle for deliveries (and I am guessing has never paid your OH a mileage rate) and your OH can't afford to buy one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure