Scratches on shower tray

I have removed the silicon surrounding our shower tray with a view to replacing it. Foolishly I have used a stanley knife blade to assist in the removal and in doing so have put a few scratches on the edge of the tray.

I seem to remember some years ago someone once said that you could use "brasso" to polish out the scratches, I am reluctant at this point to go down this road in case I am mistaken.

Do you think this would work or does anyone have another solution please, oh and by the way the tray is white.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure!

Comments

• moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It depends on the depth as to whether you can "polish" them out. Otherwise, when you put new sealer on just put on a bit more than last time and cover the marks.
  • TimBuckTeeth
    TimBuckTeeth Posts: 521 Forumite
    What is the tray made from? If it is plastic then the scratches will probably be too deep to remove. If the new silicone won't cover them up then you could use a right angle trim strip (about an inch wide). I have used one of these (the semi rigid type not the type on a roll, which I didn't find to be any good) before and stuck it on with silicone, it is a good idea in a shower as it keeps the water off the silicone (if fitted well) so you shouldn't get problems with mouldy silicone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure