PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 28th June 2015

Options
O/S Daily Sunday 28th June 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Now light, but very cloudy and overcast and much cooler, but temperature set to rise later.

DH and myself up and enjoying first peaceful cuppas of the day. Both boys having a lie in this morning. I'll be cooking breakfast later.

Dinner last night was pulled pork, burgers, pizza, salad, and skinny chips, ice cream for dessert.

Got all the washing, washed and line dried yesterday that I wanted, I just need DS2 to strip his bed when he gets up and we'll get that in the WM and then out on the line before we go out.

We were reasonably productive yesterday - we did get all the jobs that we wanted except a couple which we hope to get done this morning, before we go out at lunchtime. It's DH's grandfather's 90th birthday afternoon tea - not exactly sure who is going to be there, so I've charged up my camera battery so I can get loads of photos. DH and myself not very happy though as his mum (Daughter of grandad) isn't going to the party - all because she hasn't had anything to do with him for the past 2.5 years due to her not getting some inheritance money she felt she should get (she's getting it anyway as he gives her £1000 every xmas) and has been doing for sometime and she's never so much as rang/written to thank him! He really hasn't done anything wrong and she's going to finish up a very lonely bitter woman if DH's dad dies before her, but having said that he's nearly as bad! Grandad did say that at 1 point he was going to cut her out of the Will, but we don't know whether he has or not, don't relish that thought, although DH's aunt has told him not too as her and DH's uncle will be left with a legal nightmare! You know what they say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family! We don't get involved with any of it, and we just see and get on with everyone, life's to short. She's very selfish if things don't go her way and DH has really had his eyes open to how not nice they can be, we went and tried to persuade them to go to the party to try and make things right - and she didn't want to know, we got given their invite and were asked to pass it to them by hand (so they couldn't deny being invited!) and she got the invite read it, rang straight away to DH's aunt and said they weren't going! Although it's all crap that she's so nasty, it is a shame that she's not adult enough to put her feelings aside and just go to his party for a few hours, it's in a hotel so not as restrictive as at someone's house and family are down from Scotland for it too.

Sorry that turned into a bit of rant on a Sunday morning! Just makes me so cross, I wish so much that my nan and grandad could have lived long enough to see my boys - my nan on my mum's side was a real typical nan, loved all the family never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Remember everyone, to take it steady in the heat, remember the sunscreen, and remember plenty to drink (not too much alcohol though!) x

Have peaceful Sunday's everyone x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 June 2015 at 8:00AM
    Options
    Morning nmlc & all who cross post/follow
    All in all it was a very busy day yesterday & it didn't go to plan, I managed to get 3 loads of washing dry but I didn't get any other housework done.
    Phone call from DD1 she needed to borrow DD2's car so I collected DD1 & took her to DD2's.
    Some friends phoned up & asked if we'd like to go out for a lunchtime drink with them & another friend dropped in to show us his new motorhome.
    We went to a pub in Ipsden & sat in the garden, the view was beautiful, we didn't eat there as their filled baguettes were £7 & I'd already bought some baguettes from out local baker, I filled them with sliced steak & HG salad when we got home.
    We tried out hubby's camping gear for next weekend to make sure everything was all ok & in the evening I did some embroidery, I've not done any for ages, but someone designed some banners for school & ran out of time to do the work, so I'm helping out.
    Today I'm making some chicken ready meals for hubby to take to work & doing the housework I didn't manage yesterday.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all and thanks for starting off nmlc. Hope you enjoy your party this afternoon. What a shame about family grievances getting in the way of what should be a lovely afternoon.

There is evidence of overnight rain but it's fine now - and quite windy! Pretty miserable looking but forecast to pick up later.

I am doing roast turkey for lunch. There's only the two of us but this small turkey has been in the freezer since before Easter. I got it half price and intended doing it for Easter - until we were invited to a christening Easter Sunday! So it's been taking up valuable space in the freezer ever since. Finally yesterday I decided to leave it out defrosting and it's going in the oven shortly. We'll be eating it all week unless I freeze individual portions to have with salad and make a broth with the carcase.

We had a profitable afternoon in the garden yesterday. I did all the weeding and feeding and Mr TA cut both sides and the top of the privet hedge. It took it out of him and he spent the evening feet up on the sofa. Anyway all looks tidy out there - for now at least!

No plans for today, other than a quick dust and vac downstairs. Veg to do to accompany the turkey and then a lazy afternoon in store hopefully and feet up with my book.

Have a good Sunday all, whatever you are doing. ((((((HUGS)))))) if you need/want one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Gosh, I slept soundly last night. There must have been rain overnight as the ground is wet but the sun is coming through nicely.

I've seen a perfect part time job for me locally. I know I'm meant to be semi-retired though not old enough for my SP but this one is too perfect to resist. That means I'll spend some time doing my application and get it posted off. Interview date is at the end of July do a bit to wait. I'll worry about the logistics of it all if I get offered it.

And I have finish off my online course which I've been putting off, today has to be the day.

My big toe is giving me bother, it alternates between feeling numb and then tingling, think I need to visit the docs with it. If I were still in Newcastle I'd be going to a walk-in centre but there aren't any here.

Porridge for breakfast and probably egg salad for main meal. No washing to be done and dishwasher was on last night. If the dark clouds drift away I may go out for a walk.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, especially nmlc at the party.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's raining! It's a lovely relief, though I'll expect we'll pay for it later when the sun comes out and it goes horribly muggy :D Our two water barrels had run dry, they should fill up again today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have one load of washing to do, that can go outside to dry. So grateful for my little shelter – shame it keeps being used as an extension to the shed. No matter how many times I tidy it all away or lose my rag and throw the stuff back in to the actual shed, it just keep reappearing :mad:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm downstairs by myself, Scampi sneaked onto the bed with mr tru – must admit, I'm enjoying the peace :D Not sure if he'll be having a walk this morning, I'm still trying to persuade him that the rain won't hurt him, lol.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dull and grey but at least it is not raining. Managed to get more washing dried on the line yesterday and the large skinny lasagne I made went down very well.

Youngest DD went out with a couple of friends last night and one of them stayed overnight as did middle dd who came over yesterday evening. I don't want to set the alarm off and wake anyone so having a browse in here for the next hour or so.

Took some YS lamb steaks out of the freezer to defrost and will make them for lunch once I have looked out a recipe. Still have fresh tarragon and rosemary, some green veg, peppers, onions and mushrooms to use up so that should make a couple of meals.

Youngest is away for some of the coming week so I might only be cooking for me and maybe middle dd which will seem strange after cooking for six. ;) It looks like really hot weather so got youngest sunscreen and nagged her to use it.

Feel I have made progress as DH's urn is now here and I sent a cheque to the funeral director. Youngest won't find out her degree results till 6th of July so fingers crossed for her.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice day here again the wm will be doing overtime today DD has bought a load of washing back and I need to strip the beds.

Its lovely having DD home :j, yesterday it took her and I 6 hours each to clean the student house, her 'friend' had told dd she had cleaned kitchen but all she had done was wipe the sides down not lifted anything up to clean underneath she also left dirty oven trays in the oven with bits of burger welded onto, she had not emptied her food out of the freezer or fridge and not cleaned any cupboards out :mad:DD told me the she (flat mate ) has only washed up a handful of times in the year she lived there ! She really is a lazy little madam, DD and I worked till 8 last night getting things sorted !

So today will be an easy day although I need to do an online shop and hoover through downstairs and nip to the shop for a few bits. And get on with washing mountain, but I will have a rest this afternoon !

Have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Epic rain again during the night, so glad I cut the grass yesterday. Apparently it's going to clear up later. Not much washing so it can wait till tomorrow.

DD has taken the car to work as the trains are poor on a Sunday, I've nowhere I need to go and it will make me get on with things inside, like cleaning!

nmlc, hope you enjoy the party.
    Good luck with the job Gers.
    redruby, enjoy having your DD home, grrr to the little madam.

Enjoy your Sunday. Take care. XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Packers are here, starting the big move, its a horrible grey morning, OH says its raining. Wardrobe will be coming down soon and off to DD's she is then going to run to Sainsbugs and buy lunch, then start cleaning as the packers empty each room. She is working tomorrow so we are coming back Tuesday to finish off and hand over the keys.

I am feeling tired this morning, so sitting doing nothing............
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    csarina, just take it easy. Let everyone else do the work and you can be the foreman!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure