Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• What about your friends, work colleagues ? everyone has stuff knocking around they could loan out I'm sure :)...my ebook mentioned a good sight, just opened it and located it.

try freecycle.org and search for London

You can post wants and get stuff for FREE. Hope the link works :)

RichyB
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Zombie apocalypse? Is this a game your going to, aren't they having weekends doing this?. Could you not have the walking in January? Hehe. Xmas gifts and money can go towards, shame you don't have a birthday coming up you could ask for the specifics haha always thinking me :-) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2012 at 11:54AM
    Ah yes I think I will be all over the SB site.. okay I have been a little misleading. Its not really a "friends" thing. Its an expedition, I will be expected to prove my navigation skills and my worth in general to a new "group" I have joined.. no one else will provide for me.... pffffff. However there are some thing I don't need I think... a plastic water bottle will be used instead of a £12 Berghaus one... I will call my Dad and ask him to post me his compass.. and there will be a donation I believe towards the rucksack from Penny Pincher Mumsy....

We'll get there in the end.... or not if my compass doesn't work...lol!! ( yes I will blame the compass )...

Happy there is no way to re-arrange this weekend. I could technically bail completly but that won't go down so well.

Richy - this is one area I don't buy second hand... but I intend to check out Freecycle in general... I need to get out of thinking the world stops with eBay..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Oooh sounds interesting :-) I'm sure things will present themselves :-) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Oooh sounds interesting :-) I'm sure things will present themselves :-) x

If not I will get entirely back to nature and make 'em wish they hadn't invited me! LOL!!!

And might be extra ruthless and get rid of some more books and Dvds!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • I've not used the freecycle.ork site yet. I did think about using it to make a bit of money, but the site is not really about that, its a save the planet, avoid landfill site cause..which I believe in ( just to underline ). My friend has managed to secure a few quality things from just posting a few wants. i suppose people can't be bothered selling on ebay or getting up early for carboots but do need to clear out. My recent £300 at carboots was fantastic. I loved the whole, get up and get to action thing at 6AM. The selling, the pitch, the bartering, the steady pile of notes and coins growing in my carboot jam jar.

People need a good clear out every now and then. Lets call it household colonic irrigation :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".

• I started reading this with some empathy for this lady, thinking that a mortgage, rates etc on a house in London must be pretty darn pricey to keep up. Until I read......"£12,000 a year on groceries"!!!!

A grand a month on food? £200 a WEEK on food? Where the hell is she shopping? I think maybe someone should tell her about the Old Style board and help her out ;)

Finally a Homeowner 04.10.13 :j

Frugal Living Challenge 2015 £958.70 / £12,000

"So much to do, so much to see. So what's wrong with taking the back streets?"
  • kate_pixie wrote: »
    I started reading this with some empathy for this lady, thinking that a mortgage, rates etc on a house in London must be pretty darn pricey to keep up. Until I read......"£12,000 a year on groceries"!!!!

A grand a month on food? £200 a WEEK on food? Where the hell is she shopping? I think maybe someone should tell her about the Old Style board and help her out ;)

:rotfl:
    I just did the same thing!

£1000 a month!!! She needs to get over onto the OS board :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    1k a month! :eek:

Just put £80 from my paypal into my bank account, I need it for my passport. : (

I see people are very excited about zombies today : P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport