Cross Stitch Cafe - stitching out of 2012 and into 2013...

Comments

• It's all about Giffgaff :)
  • elliep_2
    elliep_2 Posts: 711
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi again everyone. I thought it might be time to jump back in but I really don't have time to properly catch up and I've struggled to keep up with the thread before.

I love the blackwork cats higher up this page, they're beautiful.

My project is coming along slowly at the moment, I'm tempted to take a break from it for the moment and do some Christmas stitching. I nearly bought the magazine with the Joan Elliott christmas designs book but I was strong and didn't get it, now I wish I had because there were some beautiful little mini stockings on a border on the front and I want to stitch them.

Anyway, hello again everyone. I'll try to stick around longer again this time.
  • sk00bie1 wrote: »
    And washed and ironed Imagine

photo-5-3.jpg

sk00bie, this is beautiful! i saw it a few pages back but wasn't in the group then. I love the adia you have stitched it on :D
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Third time I've tried posting a reply. They're getting shorter & shorter as I'm getting tired trying to type while lying on my side.

Missed hospital app yesterday as my back got a lot worse. Rescheduled for tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that I'm more mobile by then.

JCS1-so sorry to hear your news. Sending hugs to you.

Love all the pics. Little Christmas buzz starting to appear here...:)

Gonna post this one and carry on catching up...hope it sends this time!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    quick off topic question. Do any of you have a te$co credit card? letter dropped through my door yesterday offering me one.

I'm tempted as it means more clu%car% points but actually you don't seem to get that many extra? 5 for every £4 spent in Mr T (£4 minimum spend) and 1 for every £4 spent elsewhere.

I also don't like how the credit card suddenly becomes your clubcard ?

Oh and while I'm at it, anyone with Mr T Mobile? Have ordered a free sim as currently with virgin - pay £14 a month for 400 texts. never use that many and having been with them for ages (since feb 2006)- don't get any recognition or thanks - £10 per £100 top up you get with virgin expires after so long so you end up with well nothing as I don't change my phone very often and since buying a sim free phone from Ama$on - I could go with any network. Again tempted by Mr T for the clubcard points.

For info - I don't use my phone for internet or e-mail and very very rarely make calls. I could do a bundle for £10 a month - would get 200 texts for this but that doesn't seem enough. I'm just fed up that I have been with my current provider for so long - they take my money every month but I get nothing back. I do try to top up in Bo)ts or Mr T to get the points but sometimes I leave it too late and have to top up my debit card. I would like to keep the same number and guess this is easy enough to do but what happens I decide to move back to VirGin or another provider? Can I still keep the same number? Trouble is I am also of the opinion - if it ain't broke - don't fix it. £14 a month is managable. I wonder if I might spend more with another network?

My hubby has a tesco cc & as we tend to pay by card for most things, the points do add up.
    As for mobile, I rarely use my mobile for calls-just texts, mostly. I am with tesco mobile & would recommend them. They don't keep pestering you, unlike some other companies I've been with previously. I am on the 'lite' tariff(payg) and pay 4p a text, so £10 lasts me AGES! Plus you get cc points too. And yes, you can keep your number. Here's a link to the tariff charges.
    http://phone-shop.tesco.com/tesco-mobile/help-and-support/call-charges-payg-litetariff.aspx
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    ruth sending you gentle hugs and hope your back is well enough to give you the mobility to get to your hospital appt tomorrow
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Sorry to hear about yoru back Ruth, I hope its beter soon :D

Rose done, had to design my own letters, not great but Mum likes it

Natasha417_zps97f55695.jpg

Not moving straight onto London, going to do this first :T

scan0002_zpsbd0e6fe9.jpg

Don't know how I have all these hours suddenly empty for stitching. Better than sitting on the pc for hours doing nothing productive :rotfl:
  • Hope your back gets better soon Ruth
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Sorry Louise I some how missed all your post earlier, thank you for the drink, just what I needed, still not feeling very well but I'm a women so I carry on lol,
    Thanks for the link to the thread cutter.
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • i cant claim the stocking thats flowerof scotlands beautiful work.

Whoops - apologies fos and mrs.m for the mix-up. No excuse just rampant insanity. :o

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills