Amazon Delivery Delay

Comments

• Royal Mail have just delivered 1 of my Amazon parcels :j The estimated delivery date was tomorrow. City Link have my other parcel (ordered on 9 Dec).
  • Hi I also have a moan/ saga regarding late deliveries!

I ordered all my dd xmas pressies on November 30th £230, this was taken from my account and dispatched....
    Dispatched HDNL 2 dec...no update on website so left it because of the weather. I then phoned HDNL around 7th Dec as had waited a week and the website was not saying where my parcel is!! HDNL said they never had a parcel for me.
    Then contacted Amazon who said the parcel was probably just in a backlog as some depots hadn't been scanning because of weather problems!
    Sunday 12th again contacted Amazon as still no traking info...a very nice lady said the parcel probably hadn't even left amazon as she would chase it and I was to call back on 14th...
    14th Dec - 5 of my original items had been replaced..but not the main present (puppy lane cottage) so contacted Amazon AGAIN...2 hours on phone on hold and 2 hang ups later, I got to speak to a very nice lady who said she would sort it for me!! She ordered a replacement for puppy lane cottage and gave me a refund for the out of stock Items...
    I then requested to speak to a manager as I wanted to take this complaint further, the manager then said that the item hadn't been requested and no refund requested!!! He then did this and it showed up on my system!!
    I am now traking my parcels and the 1st (lost) parcel has turned up in DHNL Irvine, which i 20 miles away from me and the 2nd is in another DHNL depot in England. I phone DHNL who are now saying they have a 7 -10 day backlog and cannot guarantee Xmas delivery!!
    I asked if I could go and collect my parcel and been told no, depot shut for collections!
    So upshot of it is...Amazon lost parcel for 2 weeks and it is now stuck in a backlog, I have just to wait or they will end out ANOTHER replacement by express delivery on 18th if stuff doesn't arrive!!
    Why are amazon still taking orders for xmas deilvery, if DHNL can't guarantee they can fufill them!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • We have a book ordered from Amazon on Super Saver delivery on 4 Dec. Tracking says it was despatched from their Bedfordshire place on 7 Dec (a day after the estimate).

On 10 Dec it arrived at the North West Distribution Centre (which appears to be in Warrington). That is about 150 miles in the wrong direction as we are south of London!! And there it remains.
    Well, to my surprise, today the postman arrived with this item. :j I was sort of resigned to not geting it until after Christmas. And the tracking is now up to date.

Hah, well I had an email reply today to say as the item had been in the delivery network for a number of days, I need to wait until 12/20/2010 before claiming a free replacement. If they had bothered to look at the tracking they would have seen it had arrived in our local depot and was out for delivery, and so it was as we got it.

I wanted to order something else (as a present for me) but with snow expected it seems folly. Amazon seem confident that even super saver will arive in time. Well I suppose they would be, they want our money!
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    mattytun wrote: »
    i placed my order at amazon on the 4th december it should have been here 10th and still nothing the 3 items was comming from
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

I placed one on the 6th and its coming from here...where is this as i'm not sure?

But still hasn;t come yet. We already have had some snow just and more is promised, so fingers crossed.

I don't think any less of Amazon and will order as i do all the time and its been great, think people more upset because of pressies thats all and some of us can't afford to replace them.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    sheenangel wrote: »
    One of my friends who lives close to the Yorkshire Distribution Centre went to collect a parcel from there and was told that their parcels were stacked to the ceiling and they were going to concentrate on just delivering letters, hence why so many parcels that arrived there round the 8th are still there and won’t be touched until they get round to it. A silly way to do things at Xmas I feel, but there you go.

My problem with all this is that once Royal Mail realised they were getting such a big backlog, why not stop taking parcels and concentrating on delivering those you already have? There are a number of other carriers that bigger companies could have used rather than keep sending them through one company that can’t cope.

you forget RM have legal responsibilities and are regulated
    they cant just decide to stop taking mail
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Same thing here, ordered on the 7th, items sent out are currently at Princess Royal Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-09 and we are currently processing it. Ok the weather has been bad, but 7 days to try and process a parcel. Got email saying they were sorry and to wait to 21st before if the parcel has not arrived for either replacement or refund, like i will get a replacement in time for xmas.

This country is going down the drains, it is not as if this weather is an isolated incident, happens every year, we get some snow and the country grinds to a halt. You would think we would be used to it by now and be prepared for it.

It is time this country de-regulated royal mail and let other courier firms take over the day to day delivery.
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
  • custardy
    neilwoods wrote: »
    Same thing here, ordered on the 7th, items sent out are currently at Princess Royal Distribution Centre on the 2010-12-09 and we are currently processing it. Ok the weather has been bad, but 7 days to try and process a parcel. Got email saying they were sorry and to wait to 21st before if the parcel has not arrived for either replacement or refund, like i will get a replacement in time for xmas.

This country is going down the drains, it is not as if this weather is an isolated incident, happens every year, we get some snow and the country grinds to a halt. You would think we would be used to it by now and be prepared for it.

It is time this country de-regulated royal mail and let other courier firms take over the day to day delivery.

so.which company is going to take on the responsibility of loss making daily deliveries?
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    so.which company is going to take on the responsibility of loss making daily deliveries?

Royal mail are proving they are no longer upto the job. Yes profits have dropped due to email and FB or twitter, but it can be done. The money is not being put back into the service.

If other companies such DHL, FedEx or UPS were given the chance to take over, they would go for it, maybe cost more to have your parcel or letter delivered, but i am sure people would be willing to pay the extra for a reliable delivery service
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
  • custardy
    neilwoods wrote: »
    Royal mail are proving they are no longer upto the job. Yes profits have dropped due to email and FB or twitter, but it can be done. The money is not being put back into the service.

If other companies such DHL, FedEx or UPS were given the chance to take over, they would go for it, maybe cost more to have your parcel or letter delivered, but i am sure people would be willing to pay the extra for a reliable delivery service

you mean like when RM had a monopoly and the government took all the profits?
    so why do you think companies would "go for it"?
    whats in it for them?
    you realise theres already a whole raft of operators who could take over tomorrow.
    yet they dont.
    why is that,do you think?
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    had to pick up a parcel last saturday from the post office, bloke in front of the queue wasnt happy, he was told his parcel which they had left a card on Monday hadnt been returned to the post depot yet. when he asked the woman serving him well where is it she just shrugged and said try again on Monday. the post office postal service is in a mess, cant all be the fault of the shops, most of this is down to postal service
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure