PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help please with cooking top side/top rump beef

Can you tell me how best to cook this. I would prefer to cook it in the main oven, but do have a slow cooker that it might just fit in. Any advice welcome, when I have cooked it before it has been dry/tough :confused:. Thank you.

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    I cook mine in the oven at 180c (160c as I have a fan oven) and I keep it covered all the time.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    I use Delia's method of searing the beef off in a very hot pan first then roasting it on high & turning the oven down after that. It's always delicious it should be on the website www.deliaonline.com HTH
  • car25
    car25 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Thank you for the quick replies, I will have a look at the Delia link. Rikki, do you cook with any liquid in the tin when covered.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    car25 wrote: »
    Thank you for the quick replies, I will have a look at the Delia link. Rikki, do you cook with any liquid in the tin when covered.

Nope.
    I may add a little lard to grease the tin but that's it.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • tattoed_bum
    tattoed_bum Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    when i used to cater for the elderly i used to cook this on gas 4 or 180 with a little water in the bottom of the dish and cover with foil this makes it really tender .
    the water also helps when making the lovely beef gravy as well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport