* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oh and Pinksteps asked me to send her love to everyone on here. She hasn't been in the best of health but feels she is turning the corner a little now so that's good.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone :wave:

Had a competition win arrive this week - a Product of the Year goody bag. :)

Missed the initial attempt at delivery on Monday as I was away for my PIP assessment :( so I had to rearrange delivery. Also been to the hospital for a hearing test - my hearing in my left ear has got a little worse so I'm getting new hearing aids when the new moulds are ready.

On Tuesday I went to the dentist - one of my wisdom teeth is growing in squint :( and needs to come out. As I had an issue at a previous check up when my jaw locked open, my dentist advised that I might be better to go to the hospital to have it removed.

Was glad to go back to work on Wednesday - I'd had enough of being poked and prodded by then!! :D
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thankyou all :) the picture hasn't progressed much today, seem to have been out the house all day and not done much. I think tonight could be a long night, I have some samosas and pasties to make tomorrow to take to use up some filo pastry.

Peppa - that picture does sound amazing! I love having colour back in my hair, I did the first colour on a whim because I couldn't dye over some blonde highlights I had done by a trainee... it's addictive! lol

This rain has been no fun! I've spent a good couple of hours quing in traffic around town. I hate traffic, wasn't even rush hour!
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    hi everyone, busy few days.
    de clutter challenge for lent going well. (started on the loft getting rid of the ex's stuff ) dressed up as Alice for world book day. went to see George Michael tribute act Thursday.
    new sofa arrived , need to start watching the pennies after car needed new tyres. urm !!! think that everything.
    does anyone buy Easter gifts ?
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, i got a good bargain for one of Thumpers christmas presents today a nice fluffy Spiderman dressing gown £5 down from £14 so i was well chuffed.

PEPPAPIG yes i agree with your sister people do tend to think about moving springtime so you might get more in the next month or two, i used to hate having to have my house tip top with no notice when the kids were little it was a nightmare. I think that is so romantic of your DH to suggest a renewal and after the last year it might be nice to relax with friends and family, i agree with MURIE bring your own dish is very popular at the moment. ExDH and i renewed ours in Las Vegas with an Elvis impersonator .................good god where was my brain :rotfl:

PIXTOTTS that is why i will never have chickens i couldnt bear it!! I bet the green looks lovely DD1 and i were looking at the lovely colours you can get now today! I love the papercut it is so pretty you clever thing. There was a lot of traffic in our town today too, car parks were heaving???

VULPIX i hope your mum is ok now, i know what you mean about your SIL my mum was always like that to anyone and everyone it used to make my stomach flip when she started, glad the english lessons are still going well

MRSINVISIBLE i hope you had a lovely lunch out with DD

PINKSTEPS sorry to hear you have been poorly i hope you feel better soon

3FORHOLIDAYS oh you sound as if you have had a pig of a week i hope you have a lovely weekend

TRENDYJENNY glad the decluttering is going well, i need to fill my green bin up you just reminded me but it is so wet and miserable outside i keep forgetting. I buy eggs for the family and then clothes/books and an egg for my DGS i dont spend much on them though

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Free Great that you managed to get a bargain on the dressing gown. I'm sure that Thumper will be delighted with it! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hiya,

I was just thinking about pinksteps the other day,nice to hear about her.xx

Well Nothing Christmas has happened here.As you can imagine I am running about trying to sort my Mum out.Her house is cluttered and she has a walking frame now so as we re jig stuff we are de cluttering as we go.She is just the same,still on morphene for the foreseeable future.

It has been a lesson to me.I am not one for clutter but I am getting rid of stuff myself now.I don't want my kids to have the mammoth task that I have.luckily my eldest daughter is helping me,she is very practical.My Mum however is finding difficult to let things go.It is all just very emotional for us all:(

Are we doing a new craft this month? I did do a simple one for February will get DD1 to put a pic on before we go to Mums for the afternoon.I am getting on with my Christmas quilt quite well.If I had machined it ,it would have been finished in a couple of days.But I love hand sewing best,it gives me satisfaction to think of the thousands and thousands of stitches I have made.

Hmm thats a bit too much like my Mother...everything has to be done the hard way for her.

This year for Easter i will buy the immediate rellies a bar of choc and cover it with a bunny paper that I will make.I have also bought DD1 a cup and saucer and DD2 a rabbit ornament from TKmaxx.The folks in Canada I will put a fiver each in their bank account.For mothers day i have a crystal snowman ornament for MIL and some handcream for my Mum.I have also got some chocolate and handcream for a lady who gives DD2 a lift to school who is moving away.

My sons birthday is April but that will be £15 in his bank.Then thats us free of birthdays until the autumn.

I would love to be like free and buy lovely things for a grandchild.I bought my Polish girls little girl an ABC book the other day.

I am waffling on,sorry.I am reading if not posting.

Vxx
     :
  • Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    loving the idea of covering chocolate bar with bunny paper. I have 10 nieces and nephews of varying ages so this would suit them ( defo money saving idea -and looks more !!! ) anything less than a fiver in an envelope looks mean, they get eggs from the rest of the family.

another black bag of decluttering completed !! on a roll.
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Vulpics, l know what you mean about hand sewing, (and being like your mum) l am a bit, (ok a lot), like that too.
    Decluttering, so far 2 bags of books, 1 bag of jumpers, 1 television, 1 quilt, 4 pillows. space cleared zero, zilch, nowt. Keep going.
    Talking to one of my friends and telling her about the declutter mission, she said that she had decided that until easter she would bring nothing more into the house, except fresh food stuff, we will offer support to each other to achieve the goal.
    Dinner with DD was just a jacket spud but nice to spend time together, and walk away from any washing up.
    Another new week to play with, best get up and go.
  • I wish someone would de clutter my house. There are rooms I have to shut the door to when people come around. I am good at throwing things away. Husband is a hoarder. He will not throw anything. I have to do it when he's out! He's terrible for magazines. There are thousands in the office all piled up. Can't bin them but he will never look at them again. All music magazines and film ones. And wires and cables!! We could supply a shop with them. I could scream. Then again I'm as bad with craft things. Those I do hoard. So I can't mock too much.

Some of my random buys are coming in finally. Actually I lie. I only bought one or two of the bits. Most were Christmas presents, when I couldn't think of anything else. Decided to have a go at growing fruit and veg again. Did it a few years ago and loved the results. So we will see if I get rated to anything by the slugs this year. I got some baby fruit trees, seeds, planters and other bits as presents and bought lots of compost (delivered today), seed trays, canes, string and labels. So when it's the baby's nap time I will go and make a start I think.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport