Origin Broadband - any good

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm still receiving a monthly bill from Origin asking for payment from 7th November to 30th November. They only started supplying me on 13th December and I paid a full year in advance.

They don't seem to care this amount is "ouststanding", so I'm just ignoring the bills for now.
  • Origin-Broadband
    Origin-Broadband Posts: 69 Organisation Representative
    glider3560 wrote: »
    I'm still receiving a monthly bill from Origin asking for payment from 7th November to 30th November. They only started supplying me on 13th December and I paid a full year in advance.

They don't seem to care this amount is "ouststanding", so I'm just ignoring the bills for now.

Hi,

This bill sounds like it could be a partial charge from when you signed up - to when you went live.
    I am happy to remove this for you, to avoid you getting any of these bills from now on.
    If you could please provide me your account details to 'feedback@origin-broadband.co.uk' I can get this removed.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards

Origin
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fuzz
    fuzz Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    WORST BROADBAND EVER - NON SERVICE SINCE DAY 1

tried calling customer services over 30 times now and never get through to technical support - router is cheap old rubbish and my broadband doesnt work after 13 years of no problems with other routers/providers

REGRET EVER GOING NEAR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE ROGUES
  • fuzz
    frazzled68 wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.

I agree with this as well - Origin Broadband need to be held responsible for this awful service and MSE need to step in and do something.

Thank goodness I was not silly enough to pay an entire year in advance - I only lost about 3 months of money for a rubbish, useless,ineffective slow service and awful non existent customer support. And I am actually seeking advice from my lawyer now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    fuzz wrote: »
    MSE need to step in and do something.
    MSE have no liability, nor any ability to "do something".
    I am actually seeking advice from my lawyer now.
    That seems rather an expensive over reaction.
  • fuzz
    MSE have no liability, nor any ability to "do something".

That seems rather an expensive over reaction.

its not an over reaction if the company dont supply a service but bill you for it and then proclaim you are in breach of contract fro wanting to cancel - you dont know all the details!!!!!!!
  • Origin-Broadband
    WORST BROADBAND EVER - NON SERVICE SINCE DAY 1

tried calling customer services over 30 times now and never get through to technical support - router is cheap old rubbish and my broadband doesnt work after 13 years of no problems with other routers/providers

REGRET EVER GOING NEAR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE ROGUES

Good Morning,

Thank you for the feedback. We would like to apologise that you feel this way towards us.
    I would like to look into this matter for you immediately.
    If I could please ask you to send your account number or postcode, first line of address and name to 'origincomplaints@origin-broadband.co.uk' with the subject header 'MoneySavingExpert' I will assign this to our complaints team to deal with, with urgency.

Our apologies again,

Origin
    I am the official company representative of Origin Broadband. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • LoraN
    LoraN Posts: 13 Forumite
    I'm going to move on Origin, a lot of friends are satisfied with it.
  • Origin-Broadband
    LoraN wrote: »

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your your feedback, It is great to hear you would like to join us.

Our sales department are open from 08:30-21:00 Monday to Friday, 10-6 on Saturday and 10-4 Sunday, If you would like to call us.
    A member of our sales team would be happy to help find your perfect package.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind Regards,

Origin Broadband
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2017 at 4:44PM
    LoraN wrote: »

35.00+ cashback for "Line + Broadband Product" available via Quidco/TCB assuming that Origin B honour the marketing incentive that they offer via those cashback sites
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure