Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide

Comments

• Contacted the AI scheme re my late father's letter about claiming. They confirmed that the estate was entitled to payment. Received a cheque for just over £400.00. Hope this will encourage others to send the form off, they can only say no.
  • I have received a claim form, but it does say that the whole Insurance will be cancelled if I claim for the mis selling item. I still want the rest of the Insurance it offers so can I claim and then renew?
  • Hi my husband has the Ai letter and my question is the same he has no idea which one of the templates to write as he cant remember taking it out?
  • abster_2
    abster_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    so still waiting to hear about my AI claim but it will be 10+ years worth so fingers crossed. meanwhile i want to pursue lloyds tsb for 2002-2005 amounts.. what r people putting in their letters? Not sure I have any paperwork for it.. and are people putting reasons for the claim on the letters? Or just putting I believe I was missold blah de blah as the AI man I just spoke to says they are only paying 2005 onwards as it was after this point regulations came into force for banks so they had to offer this protection (therefore rendering these policies useless) BUT presumably pre 2005 the policy was worthwhile? I am wondering what ppl who have successfully claimed pre 2005 have written in their letter? THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I helped my dad with his form, to be honest he cnt really remember what he was told, so I used the template related to the cover of your card is stolen, as generally that was one of the selling points.

He has just had a chq today for £85. I know he cancelled the policy as I had cover with cpp so he piggy backed on that policy (I had £400 when that paid out).

Thank you to Martin and the team for bringing this to light, I would have treated it as spam. x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • peteduk
    peteduk Posts: 110 Forumite
    Hello,
    I had a product called "Credit Card Sentinel" but had received no letter.
    So I called the helpline today and they advised I haven't had the product since 14/01/2005. They also said that I had it from Affinion directly.
    Maybe I did but I thought I originally bought it from Barclaycard or Nat West. Unfortunately I don't have any of those account details.

Please can you check what I propose to do, or is there a better way:
    Write a letter to Nat West Bank, Barclay card and Affinion stating that I can't remember the provider so could they check their records and advise if I purchased through them.

Then if I write to Affinion what is the best address? This is on the Barclaycard website so is this the one I should use?
    Sentinel Gold
    Sentinel House
    Airspeed Road
    Portsmouth
    PO3 5RF
  • peteduk
    peteduk Posts: 110 Forumite
    Wow, unexpectedly the last post posted before I finished - I must have mistyped.
    I was only going to thank people in advance and once again sing the praises of this site as many do....

cheers,
    Pete
  • Thank you, I had received a letter back in the summer but thought it was a scam so binned it but on reading your Newsletter in November got a copy of the claim form, sent it off and today received a cheque for £390 pounds, 10 years subscription at £30 per year plus Interest.
    Thanks again
  • Hi Pat,

l noted your reply as regards the complaints procedure on the Barclaycard website.
    Please could you advise exactly what / how you did this as l am having trouble
    thanks in advance Paul
  • Hi
    We used Sentinel because of the need to contact many different companies if our cards went missing. Are there any other companies besides Sentinel who offer this service.
    David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport