PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tatabubbly
    Options
    Hi! Please stick me down for 130bd please!! Me and OH are eating out a lot so going to try and include this in next months budget
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    November seems to have come round very quickly! Where has this year gone?

November is from 24 October - 23 November for me so only a few days left in October.

I've been under for the last few months but will stick with £250 again so that I can buy some bits towards C*******s & NY. Anything left over will go into the pot to be shared out amongst all the other savings pots I have!

Denise
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My November budget has had to start already :o:eek:

We had ran out of so many items, such as toothpaste, toilet tissue etc., I decided to have a grocery shop delivered today. The total came to £106.42, this leaves £73.58 to last until the 27th November. It is going to be tight, but I really have no option but to manage.

So, plans for the rest of the week are to process the potatoes, onions and carrots so that they can be frozen for use during the month.

Off to prepare dinner.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd like to join for November please. £160 for the month. Thank you :)
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    Newbie to this site but really need to cut the spending so aiming for 200 this month. Budget should be this but know we are overspending.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

Please put me down for £200
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please can I be put down for £200.

October has been a bit of a mish mash of spending with no real planning done, so I think I can lower the budget for November since I'm aiming to shop less and plan more!

Budget will run from 1st-30th November. It's for 2 adults and a cat, including any household items like cleaning products etc. Not to include eating out.
  • MutleysMum
    Options
    Hi, can I be put down for £250.

I've not done this before, but I've realised that we're spending a huge amount on groceries. Need to get this under control ( crosses Fingers ) :rotfl:
    November Grocery Challenge £0/£250
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I haven't done the challenge much this year as have had an horrendous time at work, but from November onwards I will be going self employed, so no firm income for a good few months.

I have savings so it's not panic-stations but I would like to get back to the disciplined person I was in the past. I would like to stick to £100 (sorry RED not working) for November and the next few months with just a few treats for Christmas. It's not difficult because the cost of food has come down, but it's the discipline which is more difficult to come by!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    Starting my grocery list; including some multibuy crisps/alternative for bf in with the groceries. Will go to Boots for formula as wonder bairn is now on follow on and I can get advantage card points, also have some parenting club vouchers for some different baby foods etc so will pick those up too.

we need a complete restock of meat this month; i only have 3 portions of mince, two portions of stewing steak, a couple of sandwich steaks and some fish an all time low for our freezer!

bf is unlikely to eat the fish i think, i will make fish pie and fish mornay for me and wonder bairn one day whilst he's away (refreezing in individual pies/portions.

think i will buy beef mince, chicken breasts, stewing steak, bacon, sausages, gammon (2 small joints for Sunday dinners) and a couple of small beef roasts and maybe some battered fish as well

Going to start phasing pureed food out for wonder bairn and start introducing blended versions of our own meals (little lumps still left to start introducing textures):)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family