Grrrrrrrrrr!

So I'm new and clueless ...

Hoping someone can help!

Long story short - I had an account as a student that I stopped using and forgot about. Fast forward ten years and and several addresses later I get a call from a debt collection agency about an outstanding amount on the account of £340. It seems charges had escalated and this was the amount I owed. It had never showed up on my credit report before now and I had just forgotten about it. My fault completely and I accept full responsibility.

So the agency offer me a discount of £90 off the total to satisfy the debt if I pay the amount in full which I avail of. I feel frustrated at myself but glad it appears to be resolved. Fast forward another 4 months the £90 is still outstanding on my noddle credit file. I asked noddle to lodge it as a dispute which they did and removed it from my acc. But today a letter from noddle saying they can only suppress this as the bank in question has not responded to the dispute. I called the bank and they won't remove it til the full amount is paid.
Is this always the case or is this bank just being particularly mean?
What was the point of the discount? I haven't checked the other credit report agencies but presumably they will all reflect badly?

I was very naive to think that was it resolved I guess. I am on maternity leave at the moment to this extra £90 will definitely be a stretch!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Did you get anything in writing confirming that they would not pursue you for the remainder?
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Hi

What is the date of default on your credit file for this debt?

Did you ever seek proof of the debt from the debt collection agency/did they send you any paperwork or did you just pay when they telephoned you?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family