Need not Want.

Comments

• Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    I have been sooooooo good this weekend and have to share...
    Been in Leeds visiting my parents. Mum and I enjoy lots of crafting things and, as always, spent the weekend in craft shops and at a papercraft workshop; and I only bought one scrapbook album and some glue with my Christmas money from my Nana- and nothing else, not even wool! Did manage to get my wool fix as Mum bought me some for my birthday but didn't indulge in any other wool and knitting bits or pretty papers, stamps, glitter or buttons. I don't know if any of the rest of you are crafters, but if you are you will understand how major this is! And if you're not, feel free to mock me :rotfl:
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Well done Katzen! :T I wish I had your restraint! I keep wanting to get in to crafts, so don't quite sympathise, but I can understand it! I can still persuade myself it's a waste of money as I'll never use it... But it's a great hobby to have.

I don't feel like a slept much at all last night, even though I did sleep solidly for the whole 8 hours. I was so exhausted I needed a caffeine fix, and I had to buy a diet coke (don't drink coffee). I regretted it, because it left me starving and craving sugar, and I spent a further £1.20 on sweets to get the sugar hit :mad: Early night and no sweeteners tomorrow!
  • I got a permanent marker and wrote on my Debit and Credit card: "DYNI?"
    (Do you need it?) that way whenever I take my card out to purchase an impulse buy it makes me think...

Sealed Pot Challenge #2035 £40.70
    Weekly Spend Challenge w/c 10th November - £3.90/£30.00
    Debt free since 17/10/2013 :j
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I got a permanent marker and wrote on my Debit and Credit card: "DYNI?"
    (Do you need it?) that way whenever I take my card out to purchase an impulse buy it makes me think...

What a great idea!
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • I do not need festival tickets
    I do not need festival tickets

• Well, I dont want to spend anymore money but I suppose I need to. A filling has come out and you know what that means!
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Katzen wrote: »
    Could also be viewed as a need Boss, new shoes are a lot cheaper than new knees! Good luck with the weightloss, hope you manage it soon and enjoy those trainers

Tis true, but I have a fair few pairs that are newish. I am only 8 pounds from my target now so will be forking out by mid March with any luck.
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,516
    Forumite
    well done boss on getting so close to target,katzan i know lots of crafters so very well done .we are doing well here my amazon gift vouchers are still intact .
    So did well on the cc front mortgage bashing next .car finishes in 3 payments .This year gonna swim in lochs and under a waterfallKeep painting try and make it my semi retired career
  • I'm a bit pants at this whole 'need not want' stuff! Yesterday I bought a chair that I didn't really need. It wasn't expensive (£3 second hand), but still not a necessity. It's a new month now, and definitely a good time to start over! I might give myself a small wants budget of £20-30, see if that helps, but I don't need anything but food and entertainment for the next couple of weeks.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849
    Forumite
    I'm a bit pants at this whole 'need not want' stuff! Yesterday I bought a chair that I didn't really need. It wasn't expensive (£3 second hand), but still not a necessity. It's a new month now, and definitely a good time to start over! I might give myself a small wants budget of £20-30, see if that helps, but I don't need anything but food and entertainment for the next couple of weeks.

Not quite a new month yet ;)

I don't 'need' Pizza Hut but as it is payday today I will be investing if I can walk 14 miles today on my day off. A great investment to incentivise my fourth long walk of the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure