I need ways to make £50 quickly!

I'm in a bad way this month - my partner got laid off with no warning (he was doing agency work) and his claim for jobseekers hasn't kicked in yet. Help!

Ideally, I need 10 ways to make £50 as quickly as possible. I'm going to do a car boot sale this weekend so that's one!

Any other suggestions? I'm also doing Avon but only broke even on my first order as I had to pay the joining fee and buy samples/books etc.

Comments

• Sell on ebay what you dont need. Part time job maybe might be some xmas work around
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I agree, get some stuff up on ebay it has to be worth a try
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Are you musically talented?

My nephew makes a fair bit busking on a weekend in the town centre. He finds it pays better than his part time job.

Have you looked at freelancing websites? If you can work quickly and the employer is satisfied you can get paid pretty quickly.
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As well as eBay, you can also advertise your stuff for free on Gumtree, Viva Street etc. I'd try them all personally to maximise your chances of selling stuff fast!

The online version of our local paper allows you to place free ads for stuff as long as the asking price is below a certain amount, might be worth checking that out too.
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • If you good at writing...get into Blog writing (Write blog posts that are polished and not overly personal)

i agree Freelancers and small businesses desperately need help running their businesses, you should definitely give this a shot!

Moreover, you can try Amazon Web Services...its pretty awesome!
  • CBH88
    CBH88 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Amazon is also a good place to sell books quickly
  • TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    There are loads of facebook groups for my local area for people selling unwanted things. The great thing about this for me is people can collect the items (I tend to arrange to meet nearby rather than at my house so people don't know where I live).

People are selling ALL SORTS on the ones near me, so that might be worth a look if you're on facebook?
  • Try fiverr.com. Look around there to give yourself an idea of what it's all about. If you come up with something unique and good, you could make a lot more than £50, and it could be a small stream of income for you in the long term as well.

Good luck
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Superheavy wrote: »
    Are you musically talented?

My nephew makes a fair bit busking on a weekend in the town centre. He finds it pays better than his part time job.

pretty sure you need a licence to do this - not saying your nephew doesn't have one, just that should OP decide to do it he would need one!
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    With the avon have you tried mentioning it to friends (asking them to share your info with others local) on facebook? Put on your order forms or a little note if you miss me you can always email me orders last minute and i will confirm your order and send email when i am due to deliver. That particular tip worked a treat with a good customer of mine who used to order quite big but was quite forgetful on putting book out. Offer to do parties with it. All you need is a few samples and something to raffle and maybe party games let google be your friend. I only did one but it took over a hundred in orders a couple of years back. I cheated and bought a huge job lot of decent bath fizzers on ebay worked out something like 20p each then offered one free with every order that month. That was a good month for low outlay. I was using said star shaped fizzers for they next few years mind they were lovely. I have recently seen avon ladies advertising to drop off books in certain areas on facebook local selling pages have you got any of those near you? Might get you an extra customer or two.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure