IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye camera times dont match ticket machine times

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I think you should think about the POPLA route here. The BPA Code of practice has a section on grace periods and it is very obvious that you are buying 2 hours parking, but it takes time to find a parking space, park, time to buy your ticket and time to leave. In busy periods, 11 minutes grace is not unreasonable.

I would demand a Popla code from Parking Eye and we can help with the POPLA appeal. Research online the BPA COP guidelines and confirm for yourself that you are happy to go that route.

Parking Eye seem to be issuing more court papers, from anecdotal evidence, so you might be better relying on POPLA who take account of the BPA guidelines.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    seany1975 wrote: »
    Hi again all, just to clarify the cameras had me timed in the car park for 2 hours 11 minutes. That is 11 minutes over what i paid for, but as stated this does not relate to the time that is actually on the ticket once you purchase it.

I second what Guys Dad said. :)

Use the POPLA appeal after the scammers own 'appeal' results in a rejection. Include the BPA CoP 'grace period' argument and your own argument, and other things such as any other breaches of the CoP. And demand a copy of the site agreement/contract with the owner/occupier is sent to POPLA and say you think it doesn't comply with the BPA CoP either (that makes POPLA scrutinise it and puts PE on the back foot).

That timing you mentioned is clearly acceptable especially as your P&D ticket was still in time, giving you a written contract to actually stay in that space until expiry.

The 11 mins on a busy day equates to just 4 - 5 mins to arrive, drive fully into the car park (not just past their camera stand entrance) find a parking space, get out and read the signs. Another 4 - 5 mins to get the P&D ticket if there was a queue and then 2 - 3 mins to leave among the pedestrians with trolleys and the queue of cars.

Have you got a POPLA code yet?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • seany1975
    seany1975 Posts: 10 Forumite
    I only replied to parking eye (by email)on the same day that i added this post. When i get a response i will let everyone know!!! I will continue to add posts every time something happens then at least everyone will be able to see the outcome when this issue eventually reaches its end!!!!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    10p on 'appeal not allowed' reply
  • seany1975
    Well, i submitted my appeal on the 29th march and as of yet still no reply from parking eye???
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They have 14 days to acknowledge. Looks like they are out of time.
  • bizzles
    bizzles Posts: 12 Forumite
    Have to say that in my case POPLA completely disregarded the time element and grace period when they declined my appeal!
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 15 April 2013 at 7:54PM
    bizzles wrote: »
    Have to say that in my case POPLA completely disregarded the time element and grace period when they declined my appeal!

You lost at POPLA? That's bad luck, most win now. Is your case up on the POPLA decisions thread so we can see the decision? Did you clearly cite the 'grace period' part of the BPA CoP plus loads of other points against the PPC's status, did you demand a copy of their contract to be shown (which is what we advise every time)? Please start your own thread about it if you want to discuss it any further as well as adding it to the POPLA decisions thread, if you can. Helps people see what works and what doesn't work in appeal points.
  • Coupon-mad
    seany1975 wrote: »
    Well, i submitted my appeal on the 29th march and as of yet still no reply from parking eye???

So you just need to wait now and you don't prompt them, let them get the response deadlines wrong, let them fail to keep to the BPA CoP deadlines. Gives you more to win at POPLA later on, But DO NOT fire off the same appeal for POPLA, you'd need a lot more than that and we can help when you get to that stage.

Do not chase up a reply at all, just get on with your life knowing they have already missed the 'acknowledgement' deadline that you will find in the BPA CoP here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4535287

Play a nice game 'of 'spot the difference' between that Code and PE's actual signs and ticket wording and deadlines while you wait...
  • seany1975
    Hi all, 19 days after my appeal parking eye responded with this!!!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to Parking Charge 220819/360663.

We are currently reviewing this matter and will contact you shortly.

Yours faithfully
    ParkingEye Team

The saga continues!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills