PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Hi All,

I am in for the challenge again but will set my target on Sunday as I have an official weigh-in there to see how my bet with DH has fared! Not as well as I had hoped as I haven't got down to my lightest weight as I'd hoped.

B: Milky coffee
    L: HM Tomato soup with a slice of HM granary bread. Tangerine
    T: Poached egg on toast. Greek yoghurt with HM lemon curd stirred into it (2 helpings!)

Treats: 1 coffee cream chocolate, 2 Quality Street chocolates at work, 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange chocolate.

Exercise: 5 mile walk this morning plus about 0.75 mile walk to work. I had a lift home as it was pouring with rain and dark by then.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Hello! Please can I join? The most successful 'diet' I did in recent years was food budgeting/tight portion control. 2012 and I need to get a grip! I have blummin loads to lose - about 4st. Please can I set myself the target of 14lbs for this challenge? Thanks :-)
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ragz wrote: »
    ]Weight Loss Old Style New Year Challenge

I will repost this next Friday, the official first day of the challenge. If you want to start now and declare a loss next week, that's fine. If you want to get the festivities fully over with and declare your target on the first WI, that's fine too. Anyone is free to join at any time during the challenge, I will just add names and targets to the list as they are posted. If you change your target let me know.

Each friday I will re-post The List, with updates on everyone's progress. Please declare your loss so I can easily see it if we get busy (something like this 1lb loss for me!), if you miss the Friday I'm happy to add to the list at any time.
    Losses will be noted on The List and a little badge :) awarded for each pound.

A word on targets - The challenge runs for 13 weeks from Jan 6th or 14 weeks if you start today. A healthy weight loss of 1/2 to 2lb a week is advised. Be aware when setting your target that despite your best efforts, you will not lose every week. For those of us with devilish hormones, the best you can hope for is 3 out of 4, some weeks you will have a hard time sticking to your plans, some weeks you will be ill, some weeks you will do really well and still STS or even gain for no apparent reason. It happenes. Accept it now. It is best to have a realistic target that you can feel good about meeting/getting close to than to set a high one that will defeat you...

Molly41 - 14lbs
    Fuddle - 7lbs
    The Dragon - 10lbs
    Ragz - 7lbs
    Annie021063 - 14lbs
    Sparrer - 10lbs
    Seasideshack - 20lbs
    Dragoncry - 14lbs
    Lovetopaint -
    JBD - 17lbs
    Slowlyfading -
    Mazzzy - 10lbs
    DragonLily - 14lbs
    Littlemoog - 20lbs
    Karamac - 14lbs
    VickyA - 14lbs
    Vixtress - 14lbs
    Jumps - 21lbs
    Fijit77 - 21lbs
    IntheGreen - 14lbs
    Cpt574 - 20lbs
    Heartboy - 14lbs

As for the rest of the thread, for those of you new to it, feel free to post your food diary for the day if you feel it will help. Some people do this, some don't, but I do find it helps to keep on track if you aren't tracking in other ways. If you have a nice recipe please post it (if it's your own) or link to it, as we all seem to get stuck in a food rut sometimes...
    Any tips, hints, links, general support etc is very welcome. I will try to introduce Old Style related weight loss topics occasionally if the thread seems to be lacking in interesting content ;)

Many thanks Ragz for keeping the scores on the doors xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Can I join?

I want to lose 21lb by Easter and my new year's resolutions are:

To lose 21lb by Easter
    To go to the gym 3 times a week
    To play squash once a week
    To stop eating white carbs, bread, rice, pasta, sugar!
    To keep to a food budget and cook (nearly) everything from scratch
    To eat 6-10 portions of fruit and veg a day
    To improve my Spanish (from dreadful to mediocre).

That should keep me busy for a while!
  • Kimsmum
    Kimsmum Posts: 221 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2011 at 10:35AM
    I would love to join please.
    The weight is slowly creeping on since I left work a few years ago.
    I will start this sunday 1st Jan
    I want to lose 14lbs by Easter.
    Taking it one day at a time
  • fuddle wrote: »
    No need to be sorry hun. It was what I needed to hear. I did just accept my size because I am lazy. I did just give up on myself because I am lazy. I accepted because I couldn't be bothered to do anything about it. When you have confidence issues it's all too easy to put on a 'I'm happy' front. I am determined to be happier in my head this year, be in control. The weight issue is the last bit of me that I should sort because if I don't it will bring me down.

It was a shock to read what you wrote for about 5 seconds but I found myself nodding, looked for your posts and followed you to this thread. I needed that kick ;) Thank you misses :)

I've come to this thread via your comments on t'other thread & you have summed up exactly how I feel much better than I could!

Ragz - could you add me please with a target of 14lb please? Thank you.

Like Heartboy, I think my fondness for a glass or 3 of red has added to my weight gain. Coupled with not working for over a year & spending far too long on t'internet, snacking as I go. I'm now 13 st & 5' 4" that is way too much :(. My extra weight is mostly around my stomach which is really bad news, health wise.

I'm also limited to wearing the few clothes I can fit into comfortably (fleece is soooo forgiving :D) yet I have a large wardrobe full of lovely clothes that I haven't worn for yonks! I'm not yet ready to bag them up for charity as I've never tried to diet before, so I'm hoping this challenge works & I can get to wear my favourites again.

I know my own weaknesses very well, so I'm not going to give up wine, just going to allow myself a bottle of decent red over 3 nights followed by 1-2 days off. And repeat. I'm also not giving up chocolate - I had 2 lovely boxes for Xmas so will allow myself 1 chocolate if I feel the need (& it is a need!). Somehow I can make a box last for weeks, but have to eat a whole bar in one go. Can anyone explain this?

I am going to be far more strict on my portion sizes & stop snacking! I also need to try & find something to do in the evenings while watching tv or listening to the wireless - I used to do a lot of cross stitch & if my hands are busy then I can't use them to eat with :rotfl:.

Ragz & Fuddle - your posts have been a wake up call for me - thank you.
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • Please may i join,
    im always lurking.
    but would really be encouraged if i thought i wasn't doing it alone,
    i would love to lose 14lb
  • Kimsmum
    Kimsmum Posts: 221 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2011 at 10:35AM
    I've come to this thread via your comments on t'other thread & you have summed up exactly how I feel much better than I could!

I'm also limited to wearing the few clothes I can fit into comfortably (fleece is soooo forgiving :D) yet I have a large wardrobe full of lovely clothes that I haven't worn for yonks! I'm not yet ready to bag them up for charity as I've never tried to diet before, so I'm hoping this challenge works & I can get to wear my favourites again

Ragz & Fuddle - your posts have been a wake up call for me - thank you.

Gardenia, This is also what brought me here, the post by Ragz & Fuddle
    Like you I have lovely clothes I cannot get into.
    Taking it one day at a time
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ragz - can I be put down for 16lbs please?

I'm getting married at Easter and need to get moving on this weight... :eek:
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • I would like to join but dare not stand on the scales just yet to see how much I need to lose :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure