Earn money. Recycling ink-cartridges.

Comments

• chem_j
    chem_j Posts: 168 Forumite
    Try http://www.therecyclingfactory.com/uk/programmes/index.asp
    You get envelops with a unique bar code so the cartridges will be credited to you.
    There are others as well if you google.
  • yasminec
    yasminec Posts: 583 Forumite
    are there any sites which will accept hp all in one cartridges?
  • Ok this post seems quiet old, but i thought it was time to bump it up.

You cannot recycle Epson, Brother and some Canon Ink Cartridges. you can only recylce Cartridges that has a printhead on them. Cartridge manufacturers suh as HP, Lexmark, Dell, and some Canon can be recycled.

What recycling means, that instead of this cartridges ending up in a landfill and taking over 1000 years to dispose, there are cartridge remanufacturers, such as us, who will pay for empty cartridges, clean them, refill them, test them and repackage them and bring them in market.

There are further 2 benefits to this. Customers can save lot of money compared to original ink cartridges. Also manufacturers have got cleverer and they only put 4-5ml of ink cartridges in their cartridges. However most recylcers will fill them to full level, which would mean nearly 3-5 more inks. Next time you go out to buy ink, look at the back of the package, it will have ml, or no of pages it can print based on 5% coverage.

2nd is we save this cartridge going into the landfill and harming our environment. Each cartridge has residual of ink whcih is made from oil, and as such dispose and disintegrating time is longer.

The cartridges which are not refillable are the new Lexmark range. As ink gets low, it burns some parts of printhead, which makes it impossible to reset or refill and reuse. Stay away from Lexmark printers, as their cartridges are not environment friendly at all.

Epsons, Brother and some canon cartridges can be refilled, however due to low cost of them to purchase in open market it is not viable for recyclers like us to recyle those cartridges.

I hope this post has been helpful, and if you have any questions i would be more than happy to help. If forum allows it you may visit our website ink4ugreen co uk and see what prices we will pay for your empty cartridges.

Akhtar
  • moromir
    moromir Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Could anyone advise if they know anywhere that will accept Canon PGBK and CLI-521Y, CLI-521M etc cartridges?
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know of any places that pay for old HP ink cartridges ?

Thanks
  • Does anyone know if any company takes unused genuine original ink that are now surplus to requirements.
  • tonynw
    tonynw Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jo_b wrote: »
    Just got all excited, thinking I'd found a new way to make loads of cash. Unfortunately, they don't accept Epson cartridges. :(

Does anyone know of any companies that will pay cash for used Epson cartridges?

well what would they be worth when you can buy repalcements for 89p ready to use full of ink ??

www.7dayinks.co.uk

tonynw
  • jockey
    jockey Posts: 94 Forumite
    At the beginning of the year i went to an indoor car boot, i bought about 30 of these empty HP 350 and 351 cartridges for a fiver. Sent them off to a firm i found on google and got about £80 back. They were really quick and you could track your commision online. I can't find the link to there website but i will see if i can find it a bit later and post it on here. Thinking back they offered one of the best returns for HP empties especially what they called "virgin" never before refilled cartridges.
    Compatible ink cartridges from 87p each here
  • I Found a site cash for cartridges that offers up to £4.50 an ink cartridge depending on what you want to recycle obvioulsy. I have been collecting my inks and some of my mates to boost my account, when it got over £25 i got a cheque through post. I recently got a cheque for £32 bearing in mind I have also spend it and so collecting again and waiting for that next one :-)
    Every Little helps :rotfl:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    paul , the forum does not allow you to advertise
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing