Cheapest iPad 2?

Comments

• Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sign up here and they will email you when any of the shops they check get more stock in

http://ipad-stock.co.uk/
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • I ordered a 16gb white wifi Ipad 2 from PC World online on Friday - stated it was in stock for delivery 3-5 days. They took payment from my card. Was concerened at lack of delivery date confirmation by Saturday so called them - told not to worry they had them in stock and a confirmation email would follow by Sunday(today) at latest. Received 2 emails today with variations on the same message - none in stock and no expected delivery date:mad:.
    Apologies from customer service who claim that their computer system sometimes overrides itself accepting orders for out of stock items - excellent reassurance about the systems used by a computer retailer???:cool:
    I appreciate that they are in short supply but placed the order where it clearly stated they were in stock. Before charging my card they should have asked me if I wanted to pay and be placed on a preorder list.
    Most frustrating because it is for my son's birthday and he had saved up most of the money himself and we were just paying the difference. Now we don't have the money,the Ipad 2 or even a delivery date!
    Do I cancel and get money credited to my account after his birthday and still no ipad or hang in for the next shipment now we are on the list???
  • i managed to get the one i wanted from tesco by keeping an eye on the website wickedkitten linked to (above)
    taking a tesco discount code into account, clubcard vouchers and quidco cashback on an ipad 2 plus dock, i managed to 'save' £56 so i'm thrilled
    if i were you i'd ask for a refund from pc world asap and keep checking the ipad stock website - good luck!
  • DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If anyone stays near Edinburgh, then the Big Offers Warehouse has ipads on promotion at the moment(64GB 3G £354ish + vat)

Not sure if thats the 1st or 2nd gen though.
  • Wickedkitten
    Wickedkitten Posts: 1,868
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DireEmblem wrote: »
    If anyone stays near Edinburgh, then the Big Offers Warehouse has ipads on promotion at the moment(64GB 3G £354ish + vat)

Not sure if thats the 1st or 2nd gen though.

It will more than likely be 1st gen for that price.
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • Bringing this back up sorry..Just wanted to know if this is right.. Quidco/vikings direct is offering Free delivery on all orders of £30 or more (ex VAT) + 9% cashback..Now cheapest on vikings in stock is a Apple iPad2 MC980B/A Tablet - WiFi - 32GB - White retailing at £398.17..does that mean I would get £35.85 back plus save on P.P? Am I working this right?

Thx all Naz
  • After a quick look, I would say you get 9% back of the value before VAT is added on, but obviously pay the full inc VAT price before waiting for the cashback to roll in.

So for a 32gb wifi model, you pay £477.80 as that is the £398.17 + VAT.

Then you would get 9% of the £398.17 back from Quidco, so £35.84.

Making a total net price of £441.96.

Has anyone had success with this type of purchase? I really want to go ahead and get a 64gb wifi model (£557.80 with £41.83 cash back by my reckoning) and £515.97 seems as good as any price I'd find online!
  • Hi
    just reading about cheap ipad 2, i saw 1 for sale on Bargain Hunters Emporium .com £350
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In general, ANY discount off an Apple product is hard to come by. Apple set the prices and if places try to change them they'll just not supply them anymore. Storefront and Apple retail stores tend to have stock, and mobile networks can generally order them in within about a week.
    As to size; for most people 16GB would be sufficient. I bought the 32 because I wanted to use it partially as an overflow from my 16GB iPhone. But generally people won't use more than just 16GB.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • Hi guys,

new member here! My girlfriend has been looking around for a new iPad and came across a website selling them cheaper than Apple. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put the link up here since it may be classed as advertising. She said they were selling the 64GB with 3G for £599!

I'll happily pm you the name of the site if I'm not allowed to mention it here.

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport