IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    In Scotland any of their invoices are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Sorry but that isn't right. To use an official disabled bay you need a blue badge there is no leaway, private land can make any fair conditions they like as part of the contract between you and the landowner/Parking co.

The booklet that comes with a Blue Badge says the scheme does not apply on private land.

The UK Gov website that details the Blue Badge scheme states that it does not apply on private land.

The House of Commons Library documents covering the Blue Badge scheme states that it does not apply on private land.

The defining law concerning disabled people on private land is the Equality Act 2010, which does not mention the Blue Badge scheme at all.
    It does state that disabled people and others with protected characteristics such as nursing mothers must be given concessions. These could include wider parking bays, or being given extra time to shop, or dedicated bays nearer a shop entrance.
    This overrides any made up terms and conditions that the landowner or their sub-contractor parking agent may produce in order to generate a parking income.

There is no UK law that states a Blue Badge must be displayed when using a disabled bay on private land.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Assuming a car driver in a private disabled bay 'must' display a Blue Badge (even though they may have every right to use that provision) is as bad as people who assume that a younger person who is able to walk, does not meet the definition of disability within the Equality Act when they may well do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rather than me doing a well intentioned but bad job of summarising why she should have more knowledge than she appears to be displaying, maybe one of you (CM?) fancies commenting directly on Cat's Tesco blog about this. I'd say it's sure to be seen by her.

https://www.tescoplc.com/news/blog/topics/protecting-blue-badge-disabled-parking/
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    martmonk wrote: »
    Rather than me doing a well intentioned but bad job of summarising why she should have more knowledge than she appears to be displaying, maybe one of you (CM?) fancies commenting directly on Cat's Tesco blog about this. I'd say it's sure to be seen by her.

https://www.tescoplc.com/news/blog/topics/protecting-blue-badge-disabled-parking/

Guess that Tesco will appear in court more times than they can imagine.

Tesco need to read very carefuily the posts above, they are on dangerous ground.

Tesco are grocers not parking scammers.

Whatever next, Highview selling sandwiches in Tesco car parks ?

Whatever bod in Tesco thought this one up needs to be confined to toilet duties
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    And watch the entry magically disappear.

If C_M is minded to post there all well and good. My personal experience of politely visiting home truths on retailers in public fora - such as blogs and other social media - is that at best they ignore the issue by pretending there isn't one or just fob people off.

The low-level apparatchiks appointed to deal with the brown and sticky stuff are usually so convinced of the rectitude of their employers (or so constrained in what they can say) that there is rarely any real debate and they simple repeat the company line.

At least one major retail centre just off the M1 in South Yorkshire learned the error of its ways when its contracted PPC attempt to enforce the use of BB's. The chap concerned was able to walk short distances and thus fell outside the ambit of the BB Scheme but simply couldn't cover the distances required in a large shopping mall.

The disabled who cannot obtain BB's but remain entitled to reasonable adjustment are a substantial group but as a result of the actions of lazy retailers and their PPC drones (not to mention the vociferous supporters of the BB scheme) are left entirely disenfranchised.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,607 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Disenfranchised is the word - you said it better than I could, HO87.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

c-m have PM'd you re Tesco
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Or, as Ken Dodd would say, 'discumknockerated'.

Knotty Ash - breeding ground of the intelligentsia. Jam butties - better than statins. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Or, as Ken Dodd would say, 'discumknockerated'.

Knotty Ash - breeding ground of the intelligentsia. Jam butties - better than statins. :)

not quite the person we need! Mr Dodd was infact tried and found guilty of fraud , perhaps he also has a part time job in the parking industry
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    not quite the person we need! Mr Dodd was infact tried and found guilty of fraud , perhaps he also has a part time job in the parking industry
    It's just that the space under his bed was a tax-free zone! :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport