Free Festivals

Options

Comments

• lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kettfest2016 has lots of free events going on in July https://www.facebook.com/kettfest2016
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • SplashWellyKid
    Options
    Free music event at the Clore Ballroom, Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, 2 May 2016, 4pm - 9pm. Many more free events during May - July around New Cross & Deptford for the main PureGold festival:
    Hear the eclectic and innovative music coming out of Goldsmiths, University of London.

For the fifth year running, the Southbank Centre hosts the university's annual PureGold launch event.

It's a chance to see the talent of tomorrow, performing as singer-songwriters, bands and DJs and bringing gamelan, contemporary and multi-keyboard works, electronic and installations.

The showcase builds on and celebrates the musical successes that Goldsmiths has enjoyed in recent years, with previous alumni including Mercury Prize-winner James Blake, album chart-topper Katy B, and War Horse composer Adrian Sutton.

Artists and musicians who have performed at PureGold include: Ultra!sta vocalist FEMME, two of The Guardian's bands of the day, Bat and Ball and Semi Precious, and artists from the independent record label NX Records (run in collaboration with Matthew Herbert's Accidental).

After the launch at Southbank Centre, events continue from May to July at The Albany, Deptford and Goldsmiths itself.

For more details see the PureGold site, as most of the events for the next month are free & all are open to the public:
    http://www.gold.ac.uk/puregold/
  • BerniiG
    Options
    Wheels and Fins Festival
    9TH-11TH SEPTEMBER 2016

Now in its 4th Year and and 100% organised and run by a local team.
    The ‘Wheels and Fins Festival’, is a FREE, three-day, music, action sports & beach festival located on Joss Bay Beach in Broadstairs, Kent. The festival includes events such as; Soapbox Racing, Skateboard Mini Ramp comp, UK BMX flatland champs, Surf & Stand up Paddleboard events, Trail Bike Display Teams, Mad Drop Air Bag, Slacklining, Fireworks, Live Music, Dj’s, Licensed Bars, Craft Beers, Food Court, Merchandise stalls and way more…
    The festival is only an hour and a half from London on the high-speed train making it a day trip for any eager beach thrill seeker. Not many festivals around the UK can boast that”.

This year we will be registering everyone who attends the festival. You will be allocated a wristband for the weekend which you will need to be wearing to gain access to the venues.

For more info and application forms for the soapbox racing etc... go to the website... just search Wheels & Fins Joss Bay :j:j
  • jp63
    jp63 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    WIGAN DIGGERS FESTIVAL

10TH SEPTEMBER
    GERRARD WINSTANLEY GARDENS
    Wigan

a celebration of the life and words of Gerrard Winstanley
    BAR AND TWO STAGES OF LIVE MUSIC AND VERSE
    TIME 11 UNTIL 9.30
  • bigdave333
    Options
    It's not huge. There are three stages, usually with rock, folk, blues etc, and one for the kids! A few stalls, food, bar etc. Plenty of parking. More info at

the festival calendar.co.uk/festivals/Lichfield_Fuse_Festival_2016

Site won't let me post a link so just remove the spaces between "the festival calendar, and you can read all about it!
  • Caron_Lett
    Options
    Another one for the site:

York Festival of Ideas
    yorkfestivalofideas.com

Where: York
    Dates: Tues 6 June - Sun 18 June
    Description: Annual event with over 100 free events to educate, entertain and inspire. Aimed at all ages and interests, it includes talks, exhibitions, theatre, music and film.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For Londoners it's worth visiting the Hanwell Hootie. It's a one-day music festival on 6th May so put it in your diary for later this year!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • hellopaul
    hellopaul Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see that the listing for Festival Too in King's Lynn does not list The Darkness* as the headline act on Saturday 14th July. The Darkness - for free?! (Well, they suggest you put £1 in the collection - I suggest a fiver would still be an incredible bargain!)

https://www.festivaltoo.co.uk/

*was that text big enough to notice?!
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kent online are giving away free tickets to Tribute of Rock festival this coming weekend, you can claim up to 12 free tickets:

https://www.tributetorockfest.com/freetickets

Worth up to £60 each.
  • ericm410
    Options
    check out this great free music festival in Witney Oxfordshire
    Past headliners:
    The Undertones
    The Farm
    From The Jam
    Two days of great music, this year its the 14th and 15th June

google Witney Music Festival
Meet your Ambassadors