Tesco Hudl

Hey guys, I recently received £70 into my PayPal account for basically doing nothing online, so I thought it would be nice to spend it on something.

I saw some cheap Android tablets, and was thinking of purchasing one for around £49 on eBay or Amazon, but I've now decided against the crap chinese devices, and will up the budget a bit to something better...

Tesco Hudl.

I don't actually have a Clubcard unfortunately, but I ordered one last night. I would like to get it for as little as possible, as I have read that you can use 'Boost' to buy it with only £60 worth of vouchers!

So, I have come here to find out how I can achieve that? I don't usually spend much in Tesco anyway, so it would take me forever to earn £60 worth of points from just shopping. But I do get petrol from their occasionally too.

How can I get £60 worth of points ASAP? (Let's say I did get there, or close, can I use the points before Tesco sends the physical vouchers out?).

The only 'method' I can find at the moment is to buy some empty ink cartridges on eBay and send them to Tesco for £1 each... But it has a low success rate due to scammers on eBay sending the wrong ink, and if they're damaged or whatever Tesco won't give me anything...

Help me out guys!

Comments

• Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,069
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Topcashback is your answer.
    Buy goods/services thru them and have your cashback in Tesco points rather than take the cash.
    I've received £80 in cashback since last year and that's worth a lot of Tesco points....although the limit is £50 worth in any 1 year I think
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Daz2009 wrote: »
    Buy goods/services thru them and have your cashback in Tesco points rather than take the cash.
    I've received £80 in cashback since last year and that's worth a lot of Tesco points....although the limit is £50 worth in any 1 year I think

I got excited then reading that, as have lots of cash in TCB but I can't see any option to take the payout other than Amazon or BACS to bank, even if I upgrade the account it only offers M&S extra, are you sure your using Topcashback?
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • sillygoose
    marvin wrote: »

Ah thanks, they kept that quiet, could have at least mentioned it on the payout page. :cool:
  • Daz2009
    Forumite
    you also get an extra 5% :)
  • 7ewis
    7ewis Posts: 33 Forumite
    Hmm, wish I had more than £0.02 in my TCB now...

It never seems to track anything for me! I did a couple of surveys to test it, and out of the maybe 6 that I did, it gave me 2p from one of them...
  • sillygoose
    7ewis wrote: »
    Hmm, wish I had more than £0.02 in my TCB now...

It never seems to track anything for me! I did a couple of surveys to test it, and out of the maybe 6 that I did, it gave me 2p from one of them...

Mine never ever tracked either, had to put in a missing payment claim every time and although all paid out eventually these progressfar slower than tracked ones.

That was using Google Chrome browser, I started making the transactions via Internet Explorer and every one tracked quickly itself.

I know many people use Chrome or other browsers on TCB without any problem but it was clearly the cause of my issues. It must be down to a setting somewhere but I can't be bothered to work out what, easier to just use IE for purchases. Try a different browser?
  • Daz2009
    Forumite
    I always clear history,cookies etc before clicking thru on TCB.
    I just waited 11 months for the AA to give me my cashback but got it in the end.
  • 7ewis
    7ewis Posts: 33 Forumite
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Mine never ever tracked either, had to put in a missing payment claim every time and although all paid out eventually these progressfar slower than tracked ones.

That was using Google Chrome browser, I started making the transactions via Internet Explorer and every one tracked quickly itself.

I know many people use Chrome or other browsers on TCB without any problem but it was clearly the cause of my issues. It must be down to a setting somewhere but I can't be bothered to work out what, easier to just use IE for purchases. Try a different browser?

I'm using Chrome too, but I'm on Ubuntu (Linux). I don't like using Windows because it's so slow!

I'll try using Firefox though maybe?

Do you know any other ways of getting Tesco points quickly? Might just buy some printer cartridges and hope for the best!
  • froggy27_2
    froggy27_2 Posts: 953 Forumite
    Daz2009 wrote: »

Just so i understand correctly...
    So i have about £60 to get from TCB...if i ask them to be transfered as Tesco Clubcard points, could I then use those as Clubpoint boost towards a Hudl tablet?
    Thanks a lot.
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure