Cost to fit a new radiator

I have been quoted to remove and cap my existing radiator on first visit.
Then to return on a different day to supply and fit a new radiator with thermostatic valve. The new radiator is slightly longer so a bit of pipework is required I think.
I have been quoted £265 for this, based in the North West.

Is this fair does everyone think? :)

Comments

• glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quite cheap. Make sure they are supplying a decent radiator. It's only going to be maybe 2 hours work right enough.
  • I don't know where they are supplied from, but it is from a trade book that I looked at when I was picking it. Thanks :)
    I will double check where it is being sourced from.
  • pennystretcher
    pennystretcher Posts: 458
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 16 February 2018 at 6:04PM
    Reasonable. I got my rad changed from horizontal to vertical however I supplied the rad and valves - cost about £100+VAT (if my memory serves me right) to remove/fit new one and that included pipe work underneath the floor. However I have used the same plumber for decades and recommend him for others, so I think he gives me a regular customer's discount.. :)

ps. didn't have any flooring down when I got the work done, so they didn't have to spend any time trying to get to the crawlspace, so that made the work quicker - took maybe about 1.5hrs altogether.
  • We've just had two done, had an internal door moved so radiator came off the wall the lad moved the pipes and installed the new radiator he says he charges £140 for fitting a designer radiator then we had the one in the sitting room changed which was smaller then last he normally charges £100 (Friend of a friend) so we paid £120 for both but supplied radiators.

mr central heating is a good website got 1 from there for £68 was 400x1600 + Valves + Delivery.
    CC - £2,555
    Paypal CC - £400
    Overdraft - £100
    Loan - £8,040
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    Quite reasonable for the job. But do make sure you're getting a good radiator replacement for that,or else you'll just end up going back in a few months for a back job due to poor radiator quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure