Another double glazing Journey

Hello looking for ballpark figure on replacement doors and windows;

FRONT DOOR with 300mm ½ glass side panel, 1155x2070, letterbox, at least 5 point locking, Upvc or composite
BACK DOOR (KITCHEN) 860x2070 at least 5 point locking, 1 glass panel (less than ½ door)
FRONT WINDOW (BIG) 2050x1500 3 panes 1 opening all toughened
FRONT WINDOW (FROSTED) 850x1050 2 panes 1 opening
SIDE WINDOW (DINING) 1750x1200 3 panes 1 opening
SIDE WINDOW (KITCHEN) 850x1050 2 panes 1 opening
SIDE WINDOW (BEDROOM) 1150x1200 2 panes 1 opening
BACK WINDOW (SPARE ROOM) 1150x1200 2 panes 1 opening
BACK WINDOW (MAIN BEDROOM) 1150x1200 2 panes 1 opening
All with trickle vents, locking handles, brown woodgrain external and internal.
A/A+ rated glass and warm spacers.

Going to get quotes from small independent, large independent local manufacturer/fitter and possibly sole trader who did next replacement door for neighbour. Located in Inverness.

Comments

• tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Had the first guy around medium size local company, showroom, sales managers and surveyors to feed, will post price when it comes in.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 29 January 2018 at 9:53PM
    cHANGE FROM £4K JUST . DEPENDING HOW MUCH MAK GOOD AND WHAT TYPE OF COMP OR PVCU DOOR ( MERSEYSIDE PRICES ) DOWN SOUTH ADD MORE

sorry about the caps
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    edited 30 January 2018 at 8:20AM
    greenface wrote: »
    cHANGE FROM £4K JUST . DEPENDING HOW MUCH MAK GOOD AND WHAT TYPE OF COMP OR PVCU DOOR ( MERSEYSIDE PRICES ) DOWN SOUTH ADD MORE

sorry about the caps

I can tell they are merseyside prices, my head is tellling me Im not getting it for less than £6K. Waiting for 2 quotes now. I might contact the only local manufacturer to see how they price it for supply only.

Don't suppose you have any experience of St Helens windows (supply only.co.uk)
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    Well first quote is in, spec changed slightly asked for oak woodgrain on white frames, and the front door is composite in chartwell green and back window spare room changed to french door. Price £9800. I'll not tell you how much for chartwell green on white frames throughout, needless to say its way over my budget.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    tonyh66 wrote: »
    I can tell they are merseyside prices, my head is tellling me Im not getting it for less than £6K. Waiting for 2 quotes now. I might contact the only local manufacturer to see how they price it for supply only.

Don't suppose you have any experience of St Helens windows (supply only.co.uk)

No sorry . they did a school local to me recently . fairly big outfit by the looks .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    Small independent No1 came around measured, specified and has not got back to me , its been over a week, Im not chasing him if he can't be arsed.
    Independent No2 rough measure, some good advice, specified, and gave me a quote of £7500 after scribiling on a piece of scrap paper, this includes 2 composite doors. Im not sure weather he knows his prices or he just guessed and added £1000 to be sure....
  • I was quoted £99,000 for double glazing 7 windows in a 3 bed terraced. The company was called Anglian.
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    bobwilson wrote: »
    I was quoted £99,000 for double glazing 7 windows in a 3 bed terraced. The company was called Anglian.

comedy gold...........

just had another quote independent joiner, £5700.. about the price I was expecting probably go with him but will clarify specification first.
  • tonyh66 wrote: »
    comedy gold...........

just had another quote independent joiner, £5700.. about the price I was expecting probably go with him but will clarify specification first.

A joiner? Is he doing timber windows for you? How many timber windows for £5700?

The £99,000 quote was comedy indeed. When I looked shocked, he offered me a discount, to do it for £60,000 instead of £99,000.
  • tonyh66
    Forumite
    bobwilson wrote: »
    A joiner? Is he doing timber windows for you? How many timber windows for £5700?

The £99,000 quote was comedy indeed. When I looked shocked, he offered me a discount, to do it for £60,000 instead of £99,000.

No he installs any type of door or window, Im getting UPVC and composite doors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure