AA website problem caused 2 extra footprints!!

Options
mansicklebobblebod
mansicklebobblebod Posts: 21 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 14 February 2018 at 8:26PM in Credit file & ratings
Hi all,
I've just applied for an AA loan as suggested on MSE eligibility checker. I had a nightmare with the website where I had to go through the 'check you're eligible' soft search.I submitted this,and the website took me back to the beginning....'check you're eligible' so I filled it in again!...same thing happened,page sent me back to ..'check you're eligible',I couldn't get past it to the 'apply' section.

"problem with your application? call us on..."
so I called them and they said "delete all the cookies on the computer", I did that and it did it again,:mad: so I entered the AA website through a link from MSE and managed to successfully apply.Phew, I thought.

received an email asking me to call AA, and they want to know why there are three loan applications and three credit searches!!

It appears that the website had registered applications but that was not reflected on the page.I asked AA if they could remove the additional searches as I had a problem with the AA website, they say "no,its too late the three credit searches have been done".

I think this is really unfair and an inaccurate record of my credit status,I wondered if anyone knew if it is better to register a NoC once the loan has been approved as I don't wan tit slowed down? AA use experian & call credit check.

I've searched the site for NoC but that only seems to apply to a default,not searches.

Any advice gratefully received! :(

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family