This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Poor soul - hope you get it resolved soon :(. Can horses lose their confidence as well?
    Yes. Just like we do.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    It does sound really confusing ... I hope a second opinion helps. He hasn't got a thing about plastic bags, or wasps, or anything like that, has he? Something normal, that he's become spooked about? I'm sure you've considered it, but I feel really sorry for him that's all :( And for you![/QUOTE

thanks KC. No, he actually is a brave little soul. He tends to go "arghh pony panic" and then shakes himself a little and says "its ok its only a plastic bag, large green leaf whatever" and gets over it in nano seconds. He actually makes me laugh when he has his spooked moments because he really is very good and I always feel he mutters to himself "silly boy it was only a (whatever)" as he passes it.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Firegirl
    Options
    Good luck with your business ideas watty. Sounds like you've got it in the bag:0). Glad your feeling better than a few months back. Things are on the up:0)
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Watty1
    Options
    Wish I felt like things were on the up this morning. think the worry of Most handsome and the business is getting to me. Despite new motivation I do need to get a picture of how bad the problems are with business and find the actual concept of looking just scary. I started running the figures a little while ago and the first set was - um - lets say not good - so I came on here to avoid it. Off to look at another set now ....

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look after yourself, Watty ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Take care - thinking of you xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Holding your hand sweetie xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Watty1
    Options
    Thanks all.
    The positive spin, I now have all the figures worked out and I can see that there was a gradual slide in the business and I should have done something about that - remaining positive, actually things have remained fairly static over the last 5 years which probably isn't so bad. Even more positive spin, the problems suffered over the past couple of weeks are giving me a chance to review things. I've spent the whole day working on researching customers. It will probably take the next two weeks to do the research but at the end I should be on the way to developing plans!
    And Mr Watty is going to exercise Most Handsome tomorrow morning, he has some ideas about building muscles - Most Handsome's muscles that is (would it be impertinent to say Mr Watty could do with a bit of muscle toning?). Mr Watty thinks Most Handsome needs to develop muscle and I am worrying unnecessarily and he plans to use a little time each day he is off to do some ground work with Most Handsome. I am unconvinced but I'm going to see what happens over the next couple of days.

• Watty1
    Options
    So much for positive spin - spent most of the night awake :rotfl:

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Hope Mr Watty works some magic on Most Handsome.

I used to spend nights awake worrying about work, and I was employed.... I'm sure I would never have slept if I'd been self employed, so I sympathise.

But it sounds as if you've formulated a plan, so that is very positive
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family