Warmest (and best) place to go in Feb/March?

Comments

• ruperts
    ruperts Posts: 3,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The Caribbean and South East Asia could keep you going for a good few more years without seeing the same thing twice. Not too long of a flight either, at least compared to NZ.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    WAYT wrote: »
    The daily average high and low temperatures for Pyongyang in January are −3 and −13 °C.....

Geography not on the curriculum at your school?

I wasn't saying about the weather, I was thinking more about being close to ground zero.
  • We spent 10 days in Malaysia last February, 3 days in KL & 7 in Penang across 2 locations - it was hot & humid but we really enjoyed our time there.

I would definitely consider Asia as a winter destination, we intend to spend some time there when we're retired ��
  • We went to St Lucia (Rendezvous hotel) In Feb this year and had a fabulous time. It is a tropical island and we had a bit of rain but in the main it was wall to wall sunshine with temperatures around 30 degrees.

We also visited Sri Lanka a few years ago and did a small tour with a week at the Lighthouse hotel at Gaul and had an equally fabulous time. Weather was hot and humid and we had rain more or less on the dot around 3-30pm every day but one of the best holidays we have ever had with genuinely happy and friendly population.
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    z1a wrote: »
    I wasn't saying about the weather, I was thinking more about being close to ground zero.

What does that have to do with..?
    We want to avoid the UK winter. We have been to S.Africa, New Zealand, Ecuador, Mexico and Australia so far. Running out of options now!

Where would you recommend as a safe and interesting place to visit in the cold northern hemisphere months?

Just Trolling?
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    WAYT wrote: »
    What does that have to do with..?

Just Trolling?

Op, said he wanted to escape the UK winter and go somewhere interesting, hence my answer.

Obvious to anybody with half a brain, but not a quarter brain as you seem to have.
  • WAYT
    z1a wrote: »
    Op, said he wanted to escape the UK winter and go somewhere interesting, hence my answer.

Obvious to anybody with half a brain, but not a quarter brain as you seem to have.

Considering that the topic is Warmest (and best) place to go in Feb/March? I would suggest that a quarter of a brain is infinitely more than you appear to possess.

I guess you thought that you were amusing, but in fact you are just the thread Troll.

Perhaps you can try suggesting something sensible.
  • WAYT
    Beenie wrote: »
    We want to avoid the UK winter. We have been to S.Africa, New Zealand, Ecuador, Mexico and Australia so far. Running out of options now!

Where would you recommend as a safe and interesting place to visit in the cold northern hemisphere months?

Are you planning to travel around or to stay put with perhaps an excursion here and there? Two months? Less?
  • Thailand and Vietnam, as someone else said. The north of Vietnam may be too cool though. Ho Chi Minh area would be nice and warm. We've been in January before, was really good.
  • India. Goa/kerala
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport