Life's a climb. But the view is great.

Comments

• Hi Narola,

I'm late to the celebrations, fantastic news on the loan ! :j

Looks like you are really making great progress.

Please keep posting, looking forward to your updates.
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
  • Hi there better late than never I'm a little late posting on your good news.....a huge congratulations on your loan news.......really pleased for you...
    Aim to be debt free....
    Snowballing since August 2017
    Debt total
    28'570.92 (august 17)
  • MiMi66
    MiMi66 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Narola

Just want to say thank you for subscribing to my thread and to let you know I've subscribe to yours and I will be cheering you on as well!

Keep up the focus and determination,
    MiMi ��
    MiMi66 2023 and moving forward ☺️
    £38154 - DEBT FREE May 2021
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Narola thanks to your post on TOPM's thread about borrowbox I have joined the library again today and am about to download said app. I like paperbacks to read , but enjoy audio as well.

Have subscribed to your thread,
  • Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    I'd not heard of borrowbox either that's a great tip.

I think an unexpected BBQ is a good reason for not getting everything you wanted to do done, we won't have such lovely weather for much longer so great to make the most of it :)

Reb
  • Morning Diary World

Thanks all for your congratulations! It is a relief to have the loan gone.

Really glad my tip on Borrowbox has been of use to others. It's a really brilliant app. Just this morning I had an email saying my reservation was available, clicked on the app and there it was waiting for me ready to download and listen.

Not much to report on the debt busting front. Just waiting for MBNA DD to go out during the middle of the month and then just the last of the bills to pay. The child benefit has gone in today which is a relief. I do feel guilty about adding this to the household income but then on the hand DD has never had to go without so maybe it all balances out in the end?

Counting the days for my rebate, decided to give them 7 working days, that takes me to 11th Sept, if the money is not in by then I shall be giving them a call.

I was interested to see that HSBC has offered me a balance transfer deal...not that I can take advantage of it just now...I need to wait until my MBNA interest starts. But also learning from my mistake with MBNA...before I do any transfers to HSBC I will first check out how they allocate payments. I would still hold a very high interest bearing balance with them and I would be curious to know how they allocate the payments I would make. Fingers crossed the offer will come around again.

We have had a little bit of success in selling bits and pieces. We sold a hair dryer which has been in the attic for years - one of those standing ones and due to sell today a couple of clothing racks. So far no biters on my handbag storage which is disappointing. OH is keeping most of the money as he is not working at the moment and needs money for petrol as job hunting in earnest. He has an assessment today..fingers crossed he passes onto the next stage. Job hunting can be soul destroying...when you fill out application after application without success.

Back to school today, last year of school for DD, at least until A levels. It's going to be a tough one. She will be the guinea pig for the new grading system - I just wished they had left well alone. Everyone in the outside world understands what an A/B/C is - I can't keep it straight in my head what a 4 or 5 is...its sounds so poor too.

Well have to run, have to make the packed lunch. Will try to pop on later tonight to catch up with everyone's diaries.
    Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
    Current Total = £25534.10
    33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!
  • Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Good to hear of your success in selling, it soon all adds up doesn't it.

I hear you on the exam changes, I was the second year that took GCSE's when they changed from O Levels and I remember the confusion that caused, why they have to mess around with these things I just don't understand. Hope your DD had a good first day back.

Reb
  • Morning, been somewhat busy and have not been able to properly be on the site, most disappointed not to get onto your diaries, but I will very soon.

Not much to report here. The buyer for the clothing rails pulled out but manged to get another buying who had been standing by. Fingers crossed she actually turns up today.

Had to buy some bits and bobs for DD's packed lunch but that came out of the school dinner budget so not too bad. I did buy some additional bits milk etc so had to rejig the categories again. So food bill so far has been £111. Not brilliant I know.

Nothing else to report, I feel a bit out of sorts but no reason why. I think I have just been worried about the debt and how much it is and how long it will take to get out of. Hopefully i will snap out of the funk. I know I am making progress and it is what it is. I just feel kind of bleh!

My only plan for today is to work really hard as I am a bit behind...volume of worked has picked up and so need to be more focused.

• Good news!!

HSBC has just deposited my repayment reward for the loan to the amount of £467.53. They really didn't drag their feet and I was only expecting £400.

I am going to use this to pay BC. But only £450.
    I will save £16 for groceries.

• So pleased for you, great news, isn't it great when you get an unexpected bonus like that! :j

Regarding your earlier comment about feeling out of sorts. You have achieved a lot in a short time, it's normal to have a pause and take a breath.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family