(Re-written for clarity) Court Summons for no car tax but couldn't tax car?

Options

Comments

• paddyandstumpy
    Options
    deaston wrote: »
    I haven't read your post, but from my experience of this forum, it's not the place to get useful advice. The mods don't keep on top of things (I don't even know if there are mods) and so it's mainly a small group of rather bitter users who take a lot of pleasure in belittling people's posts.

I would recommend posting this on another forum where you might get more sympathetic and balanced replies.

Like mumsnet.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't read your original post
    It's always a good start, before deciding on the accuracy of replies.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I haven't read your post, but from my experience of this forum, it's not the place to get useful advice. The mods don't keep on top of things (I don't even know if there are mods) and so it's mainly a small group of rather bitter users who take a lot of pleasure in belittling people's posts.

I haven't read your original post or the repies, but I suspect the other forum members got bogged-down in some minor detail, accused you of lying, made out you were the bad guy etc. etc. rather than answering your query.

I would recommend posting this on another forum where you might get more sympathetic and balanced replies.

This based on your own treatment, assumedly, because of the post where you tried to make out that it was nothing to do with your driving that you ended up stuck in a hole on someone's driveway? Or is it the more recent attempt at social vigilantism because you were overtaken by someone who subsequently had an accident of indeterminate cause (which you decided was because of their speeding despite not seeing it happen) which you ignored and drove past, chuckling to yourself about the opportunity to 'grass them up' to the authorities?
  • AdrianC
    Options
    This based on your own treatment, assumedly, because of the post where you tried to make out that it was nothing to do with your driving that you ended up stuck in a hole on someone's driveway? Or is it the more recent attempt at social vigilantism because you were overtaken by someone who subsequently had an accident of indeterminate cause (which you decided was because of their speeding despite not seeing it happen) which you ignored and drove past, chuckling to yourself about the opportunity to 'grass them up' to the authorities?
    Oh, it's him.
  • deaston
    deaston Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Like mumsnet.
    AdrianC wrote: »
    It's always a good start, before deciding on the accuracy of replies.

And so the wolves start circling... (kindly proving my point)
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wevelop wrote: »
    November 2015
    At November time, I become concerned because I did not receive a confirmation from the DVLA of being the new owner of the car or a log book for it. I contacted the seller who assured me that he sent everything immediately. After knowing this and due to already paying for my tax, insurance and so on for ‘my’ car lawfully I assumed to just wait a little longer and that the documents were still being processed.

I think this is where you made the first crucial mistake. You should have rang the DVLA and asked them if they had received the documents and if it's being processed.

You can't really do anything but plead guilty considering that if you were more organised with your paperwork this wouldn't have happened.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    And so the wolves start circling... (kindly proving my point)
    So, instead of your (hypocritical) criticism of other posters for criticising other posters, how about you DO read the original post, and make constructive suggestions about how the OP should extract himself from this situation?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I haven't read your original post or the repies, but I suspect the other forum members got bogged-down in some minor detail, accused you of lying, made out you were the bad guy etc. etc. rather than answering your query.

I think your the one who needs to join another forum if you think the moderators on here are too slack!. The moderators are constantly removing posts due to over sensitive posters getting offended.

Why would anyone want sympathetic replies to this kind of situation?. If I posted a question and got s series of replies from people who expressed their sympathy for my situation I wouldn't find that helpful at all.

The least helpful person in this thread is you because you couldn't even be bothered to read the OP. Why not post in another part of the forum in your own thread instead of jumping on someone else's who has taken the time to write out their situation in detail.
  • deaston
    deaston Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    The moderators are constantly removing posts due to over sensitive posters getting offended.

I would say the problem is the offensive posts rather than the 'over-sensitive' member. This forum is full of small-minded bullies (like AdrianC and Aylesbury Duck) which don't create the helpful, inclusive forum this could be.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    I would say the problem is the offensive posts rather than the 'over-sensitive' member. This forum is full of small-minded bullies (like AdrianC and Aylesbury Duck) which don't create the helpful, inclusive forum this could be.
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to point to exactly what I've posted that fits that description, attacking the poster rather than simply pointing out the problems in their argument and position?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure