IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Admin Centre Notice to Keeper/Hirer

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 September 2017 at 7:52PM
    Options
    well, the good thing there is ZZPS got their backsides kicked and warned about compliance issues and supposedly had retraining regarding these issues, so hopefully you have a popla code and others will have their appeals properly dealt with from now on

for all we know, the BPA may have issued sanction points and I am sure that the BPA staff have also learned something from this, ie:- not to fob people off with incorrect information like you were

so I consider both of the above to be a good result and also if you have finally got your popla code too (which they infer in their reply)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2017 at 12:47AM
    Options
    DollyPeach wrote: »
    Well I was hoping for more but this is the response from Steve Clark via Emma-Louise:

"Thank you for your patience whilst this matter was investigated.

I have received a response from ZZPS who advised that they identified the error on their end and the appeal was considered and formally rejected on 23/08/2017. They advised that a POPLA code was provided to you within the rejection.

ZZPS have addressed the error with the agent concerned to ensure that they understand the Registered Keeper has 28 days from the Notice to Keeper in which to appeal. To ensure there is no confusion, the entire team within ZZPS have been reminded of the correct process and procedure.

I hope that the above information is of assistance to you.

Since the investigation has been concluded, I shall now proceed to close the case."

Dear Emma-Louise,

In your reply to me at first, you wrongly said that AOS member scammers can ignore a keeper's appeal if they like. Your words were utterly untrue, either a lie or due to lack of training by the BPA:

''Once the 28 days have elapsed (which would have been on 10/07/2017) it is at the operators discretion as to whether they hear your appeal or continue to pursue you.''

With respect - and I must assume you are new - that's absolute balderdash.

Please confirm, before you close this complaint, that you and the rest of the 'team' have been reminded of the correct process and procedure, so you never fob off another consumer with wrong information pretending that one of your notorious 'AOS members' has discretion to ignore a keeper's valid appeal.

You are on the wrong side, and the BPA fobbing off every consumer complaint is embarrassing at best, and a misleading business practice.

yours,
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DollyPeach
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Dear Emma-Louise,

In your reply to me at first, you wrongly said that AOS member scammers can ignore a keeper's appeal if they like. Your words were utterly untrue, either a lie or due to lack of training by the BPA:

:beer: Sent
  • DollyPeach
    Options
    You have said before Coupon-mad that this forum is being read by all parties. I can confirm that this is true. This is my response from Steve Clark:

Thanks for your note to Miss Field which has been passed to me for a response.

I have looked at this matter with Miss Field and I can confirm that this was a genuine mistake on behalf of a new member of my staff. I can see how Miss Field made this error and I can assure you that we were not seeking to mislead you or make you go away.

We will also be discussing these matters as a team to ensure that all of my investigators are on the same page.

Please accept my apologies for this situation and pass them onto Coupon Mad as well, whoever he or she may be.

Kind regards

Steve Clark
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DollyPeach wrote: »

Please accept my apologies for this situation and pass them onto Coupon Mad as well, whoever he or she may be.

Kind regards

Steve Clark

HAHAHA .... Everyone in the know, knows who coupon-mad is ?

Coupon-mad probably does the work that Steve Clark should do
    but does not.

All I can say is that new staff should be fully trained first before
    being let loose on the motorist.

Thank goodness that the CoP will be operated by government
    early next year
  • DollyPeach
    DollyPeach Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2017 at 7:50PM
    Options
    Well all I can say is THANK GOD for Coupon-mad and all the others on here that give their time for nothing to help out others, and try to fix what seems to be a broken system.

So far I have been pursued for a parking incident that has nothing to do with me, lied to by the company issuing a fine that is not mine, then misinformed by that company’s regulator when I complained about the illegal behaviour of one of their members. So all in all I have been victimized three times and this thing is not over yet. How lucky am I? Maybe I should play the lottery?

Without the help of everyone on this forum I would have been stressed to the max over all of this, PCN Admin Centre would continue to flout the law by suckering unsuspecting keepers into paying a fine that they are not legally bound to pay, and the clerks at the BPA would continue to give incorrect information to said victimized keepers.

So Steve Clark, or Emma-Louise or whoever is reading this, Coupon-mad is a hero(ine) and without the advice given you would have more complaints because your staff would have continued giving out incorrect information.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    DollyPeach ... just make sure you spread the word about
    this forum

By the way, coupon-mad is a lady:)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2017 at 11:55PM
    Options

:beer:

Hello Steve,

The voice of reason at the BPA. Thankyou Steve for sorting this out.

He knows who I am and so does Gemma; we've exchanged friendly emails before. Back in the day, they were as friendly and helpful as they could be, and knew their stuff. Unfortunately at the moment, the team fob people off, far too often, and that's when I write sarky replies!

They know I am known not to suffer fools gladly.

It would be good if the BPA stepped in properly to quash the worst conduct, like Gemma used to, then we might be getting somewhere.

Oh, and the awful template replies are pretty shocking, the one that lectures people 'we are not a regulator (shhhhh...but we like it that the Government and Supreme Court kind of thought we were)' and the one that says, effectively: 'I have not identified any breach so go away' are not consumer-friendly.

Wouldn't it be good if the page that the BPA team were on, included an aim to (in Dolly Peach's own words): ''try to fix what seems to be a broken system'' which is all we regulars are also doing. That's the page the BPA should be on, IMHO, when replying to harassed motorists who used to be said by the BPA to be ''at the heart of our thinking'' (laughable now).

I wonder if we ever pass each other in the street when I am in Haywards Heath, or park next to each other somewhere in Sussex?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    edited 9 September 2017 at 8:01AM
    Options
    :beer:

I wonder if we ever pass each other in the street when I am in Haywards Heath, or park next to each other somewhere in Sussex?!

Here Here C-M ..... just be careful to wear jeans or slacks and
    not a dress ... one never knows about this new culture :)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wouldn't it be good if the page that the BPA team were on, included an aim to (in Dolly Peach's own words): ''try to fix what seems to be a broken system'' which is all we regulars are also doing. That's the page the BPA should be on, IMHO, when replying to harassed motorists who used to be said by the BPA to be ''at the heart of our thinking'' (laughable now).

Maybe they are getting the jitters about the rumblings in parliament at last!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure