Did a trade with someone and now they're trying to scam me

So I traded some clothes with this guy and it all went smooth. A few months later I get a claim form from moneyclaim.gov asking me to pay him money because "I have scammed him" and never sent my item. I literally have proof of that and I sent it to them when the second letter came through after I stated I wanted to defend myself.

Thought it was all gone but the other day I got another letter saying I failed to respond and I owe the guy money. Can you please tell me what my options are because I really can't afford to pay a scammer like £185 + I still have photo proof of the receipt that I sent my clothes to him.

Thanks!

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you send the court papers back or respond to the court paperwork?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Did you send the court papers back or respond to the court paperwork?
    Yeah I sent them but looks like they haven't received them for some reason.
  • Resend the paperwork/phone the court and quote case number I guess.
  • Resend the paperwork/phone the court and quote case number I guess.

They sent me papers which I filled in and sent back to them. How do I get them again.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    punsors wrote: »
    Yeah I sent them but looks like they haven't received them for some reason.

Unfortunately if someone pays for goods then the seller needs to show delivery, not postage , it makes no difference whether it was a private or business seller.

How did you post them, do you have tracking capable of showing delivery? if you used a suitable postage method and had insurance against loss then refund the buyer and claim from the courier.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure