Engagement Rings (merged)

Comments

• isabella26 wrote: »
    Tinkerbell84 and CharlotteandEden, thanks for your advice.

I have dropped hints to him to go down to Jewellery quarter in Brum, so hopefully we will!

CharlotteandEden, I think you may have just swayed me back over to a solitaire... :think:

Im still unsure though... I do prefer the sparkle in the four diamonds...but I would like my ring to be certified, so maybe its best to go for a single diamond.

Thanks for your advice.:beer:

My ring was so sparkly as it was the highest rating on both scales possible. It was amazing.

Good luck x
    Ipoints- Cashed in for prezzybox and amazon items - 1,983 now. £50 Amazon voucher
    Lightspeed - 220 points
    Bzz campaigns - none yet
    Quidco - £6.65 Sealed pot challenge#373
    An avid and proud freecycler.
    £45 Foxy bingo from £10 free play
  • Take the sting out of spending so much by taking advantage of an offer Beaverbrooks have on until 24th Dec 08.

For EVERY £300 you spend you get a £100 Jewellery Voucher (to spend straight away or valid until 28th Feb 09)

Your £1000 ring would get you £300 of free Jewellery so you could by a necklace or earrings etc.

:D
  • Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your advice! Now that I have been officially swayed back over to a solitaire, I would like your help in helping me wittle down the following possible ideas to one. Please state the number of the style of ring you like. Thanks.

1. B016.jpg

It has an unusual setting where the metal twists around the diamond.

2.A184.jpg

Again I like the way the metal twists around the diamond, its unusual.

3. A028.jpg

Another slightly different setting.

4. A031.jpg

Fairly standard setting, but classic and timeless.

I just cant decide...:embarasse...and I dont want to choose something that people might think is strange, but then I dont want a general run of the mill ring. Im quite a creative person, and I like my jewellery to reflect this.

I know people may think this is wierd, but I want my other half to propose to me with a ring, im not a fan of these temporary rings, and shopping for the real ring afterwards. I know he wants it to be perfect too, so I just want to give him an idea of what I would like, so that he has no problems.

Please help, any feedback would be appreciated!:T

Thanks,

Bella
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,830
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I love love love number 1 - a friend of mine has one like this and it is just gorgeous ..

I have my all time favourite ring stored in my computer (just in case for future!) but I'm not sure how to add it here?

edit: hopefully this will work

ring.jpg

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • Hi hieveryone,

To attach an image you simply right click the image, and if the 'Copy image location' option is available select this, and then come back to your reply window, at the top there are some buttons, if you hover over them, one will say 'Insert Image', select this, and paste your picture location into there, and press ok. It should then appear in your response.

I also love number 1, its so beautiful, a little more expensive then the rest, but it is definatley worth it.

Thanks
  • That is BEAUTIFUL! wow!!!!!!! I love it! You have some great taste there!
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,830
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Beautiful eh? Except I'm missing one thing - a guy!

Anyway, I also have this one on save

http://www.samarajames.com/acatalog/certified-diamond-round-brilliant-engagement-ring-13.html

you can tweak each of the settings to make it more expensive/less expensive.

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • I love the first one too.
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    I love the number 1 ring but then im bound to say that as its identical to my ring! Is it from Goldsmiths?
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    isabella - I like number 1 best, it's gorgeous and I like when the setting leaves the diamond open

hieveryone - that is a beautiful ring, where is it from? (I'm scared to ask how much it would cost lol)
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure