How do i cancel BT landline?

Howdy,

Been looking around their website for about 20mins and i'm none the wiser. Any mses know how its done and the relevant notice period etc? :money:

Cheers :beer:
gag

Comments

• Bts a nightmare website sorry i struggled with it as well and dont bother ringing them took me over 3 days to get through and eventually i got through to faislabad or somewhere ! Bt telecomm indeed...... so i said stuff them !

Ps i might be wrong but i think its 12 months ?

:j
  • Its quicker to email them at residential.services@bt.com and get them to ring you!!
  • AP
    AP Posts: 412
    First Post
    Forumite
    Bts a nightmare website sorry i struggled with it as well and dont bother ringing them took me over 3 days to get through and eventually i got through to faislabad or somewhere ! Bt telecomm indeed...... so i said stuff them !

Ps i might be wrong but i think its 12 months ?

:j

12 months is the minimum period if you are a brand new customer. If you have already been with them for at least 12 months then you can leave at any time, no notice is required although it will take about 2 weeks for the change to take place.
  • elvis_bloggs
    elvis_bloggs Posts: 8,276
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    gagglesdad wrote:
    Howdy,

Been looking around their website for about 20mins and i'm none the wiser. Any mses know how its done and the relevant notice period etc? :money:

Cheers :beer:
    gag
    Dial 150 and take it from there, it's free. 1a_y_call.gif
  • 7 days minimum notice to cancel, if you paid for installation 12 month term applies otherwise only 3 months. Be prepared to wait on 150 especially at this time of evening.
  • Iused this number:

0800 800 150

I got through pretty quickly but perhaps I was just lucky :j. They said it will be cancelled within the next two days. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

bf
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    bfudge69 wrote: »
    Iused this number:

0800 800 150
    After 3 years, I expect the OP has worked something out!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • If you go to BTwebsite /termcharges
    This shows how to work out what you will owe when you cancel, then ring 150
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,523
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If they have been on the BT website since feb 2009 the date of the last post then i presume they are laying in
    a heap in the corner covered in cobwebs decomposing nicely.

WHY OH WHY do people not read the last post date???

PLEASE LOCK OLD THREADS...
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• If they have been on the BT website since feb 2009 the date of the last post then i presume they are laying in
    a heap in the corner covered in cobwebs decomposing nicely.

WHY OH WHY do people not read the last post date???

PLEASE LOCK OLD THREADS...

This post is still relevant for many due to the fact that even though it's over two years old. It's still no clearer on the BT web site with regards cancellations!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure