Party Plan

Comments

• I think people get confused with pyramid sales where there is no regulation and you have to part with money and promised fantastic returns , only to find out later that you have been mislead and don't have any chance of getting any money unless you recruit friends and relatives who have to pay to join the business . A famous one that happened a few years ago was " women empowering women " where thousands of people lost their money .

Direct sales is completely different , the strict regulation from the D.S.A means that any start up costs for products are minimal and many companies will buy it back off you if you decide it's not for you.
    If you sponser others in the business , you only earn off their sales if they do well , thus you are rewarded for all the time and effort and direct support you are giving that person ( like training )
    Most compensation schemes in direct sales allow you to earn money right from the start and there are also many ongoing rewards from the company. To start with you may only earn a small amount , but this can grow depending upon the 1. effort you put in and 2 . Developing ways to market your product , find new customers and expanding out beyond your circle of family and friends 3. Showing and telling different people about your business.

MLM is different from Direct sales , here the focus is on recruitment of people to buy and use a product and show and tell this to others , and building a customer base who are all signed into the business. The focus is not so much on sales as people do not have to sell in order to grow their business but need lots of people to make much money. The principle behind it being a lot of people buying and using small amounts of products. The disadvantage of this is that it takes a long time to build up the customer base. Many people signed up can stop using the product and leave the business . Therefore anyone wishing to expand needs to be constantly recruiting people.
  • Monny_2
    Monny_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    I do parties for the Body Shop at Home and absolutely love it. Fab company to be associated with. They have got a 'Mega deal' on for customers who go to a party between the 4th and 8th of January. Top secret, none of us know what it is, but it was described by a Manager as; we could not do it all month as it would send us bankrupt!!

If you are interested please have a look at the 1st thread on Body Shop Hints and Tips to find a local Consultant to you.

Just thought I would share the Mega Deal whatever it is!! Very Exciting.
  • cheeky841
    cheeky841 Posts: 552 Forumite
    jeshn wrote: »
    Hi

I sell Usborne Books, we offer a fantastic range of children's books. I do home parties, sell at toddler groups, nurseries, fetes, also into schools, leisure centres, just about anywhere!
    I fits in really well around my 3 daugthers. I either take them with me or my husband watches them in the evenings/ weekends.
    For more info don't hesitate to contact me [EMAIL="jess.usbornebooks@yahoo.co.uk"]jess.usbornebooks@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Go on give it a go, New Year New start!:j

You are aware your not meant to recruit on here??
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    jess, I need to point out

ADVERTISING

This site is free from advertising. Posts on any board considered to be advertising goods, services and/or companies will be removed. We also do not allow advertising via PM

Examples of this can include anything from a specific sales post or a link to your own website in which you attempt to sell something to someone offering their holiday home to forum members. Unfortunately we cannot allow any advertising of any description no matter how honourable the intention

and

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Hi All

There is some great opportunities at the moment with oopsy daisy kids looking for party planners.
    They sell fantastic childrens gifts, clothes, nursery furniture and bits and bobs. They pay generous commissions and are keen to talk to anyone (plus no pressure)
    Check out oopsydaisykids co uk
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi All

There is some great opportunities at the moment with oopsy daisy kids looking for party planners.
    They sell fantastic childrens gifts, clothes, nursery furniture and bits and bobs. They pay generous commissions and are keen to talk to anyone (plus no pressure)
    Check out oopsydaisykids co uk

Reported as SPAM
  • Humf_2
    Humf_2 Posts: 273 Forumite
    Hi all, ok can someone please let me know of a few party plan / work from home ect, that do not charge to start up, or are not to much to start up,

Thank you so much in advance
    COMPETITIONS - 2010 Cushelle Koala, Shirt from Simply Colours, £10.00 Iceland Voucher, Grand Designs Live Tickets x4, Babee Pre-Paid Card, Wii Game, 7night's Holiday, Book x2, Bic Razor
  • LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Humf

Have a look at http://www.comparextraincome.com/ , this gives you an idea of who does what and how much it costs.

I personally do Usborne children's books, which is currently £20.10 for the starter pack.
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Hi Humf,
    I have replied to your message hunny :)
    Jenny :)
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • I work for Jamie Olivers new company Jamie at Home as a party plan consulatant selling all kinds, kitchenware dining range, kids stuff gardening stuff, scent and savor candels perfumes its all fantastic and i get loads for free you should see my atest lot worth £400 !!!
    if you want any more info inbox me on bellis234 @yahoo.co.uk .
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport