And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    Good luck with the housework routine! Your healthy meals sound lovely, especially the chargrilled veg, pesto and mozzarella salad!

Thanks Jess, it was yummy:D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    I have a,shiny, new, pain free tooth and can chew on both sides for the first time in a year:j. Alongside this my bank account is £244 lighter :eek: Looking on the bright side I knew it was one of August's big bills and the money was set aside. I also put it on my cashback cc :rotfl:

In other money news I had a statement from a paid up pension scheme from a previous employer and over the last year it has increased by over £22,000:j:j:j.
    Slightly less impressive was my account rewards arriving so that and a bit of a TT of £7.31 were OS:D

I didn't manage a nsd as I needed salad , fruit and milk so £5.37 of grocery budget spent. I also needed dad's birthday cards so 58p (don't you just love The Card Factory :money:) out of personal spends

I did however manage ;

Daily quick clean and clear out of the junk drawers so on track with clean and organise your house in 30 days.

Drank 1.5 litres of water ( not enough but better than it has been)

Healthy eating (porridge and blueberries for breakfast, LO spicy butterbean soup and banana for lunch, steak ( not terribly healthy but it was grilled) with dry 'fried' mushrooms,tomatoes and salad for dinner)

One load of laundry line dried, folded and put away (not left for a,week:o)

Filed new pension statement and two receipts

Got all the windows open and aired the house.

I'm off now for a catch up In The Dark and an early night :)

PP x
  • What a productive day PP I've started reading the book. I need to work out how I'm going to tackle some of the tasks; a laundry room!! I'd love a laundry room, washing gets hung up in the bathroom if I can't line dry and the washing machine is in the kitchen.
    With a 1 year old though 30 days is a bit ambitious, if I'm done by Christmas, I'll be happy.

The perpetual question though is: how the blooming heck do you tidily store coat hangers? The coat hanger box does my trolley in.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Well done on the running and fitting in with a hectic life! Its so hard sometimes! ( On that note must get a run in before work tmrw!)

May have to have a look at the decluttering book too...our house also seems to accumulate random piles of paperwork and other stuff I never seem to get around to sorting!
    :rotfl:
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • pinkypig
    edited 26 August 2017 at 8:55PM
    What a productive day PP I've started reading the book. I need to work out how I'm going to tackle some of the tasks; a laundry room!! I'd love a laundry room, washing gets hung up in the bathroom if I can't line dry and the washing machine is in the kitchen.
    With a 1 year old though 30 days is a bit ambitious, if I'm done by Christmas, I'll be happy.

The perpetual question though is: how the blooming heck do you tidily store coat hangers? The coat hanger box does my trolley in.

Wait until you get on to the bit about dusting your artwork!!

How's it going so far?
  • pinkypig
    Well done on the running and fitting in with a hectic life! Its so hard sometimes! ( On that note must get a run in before work tmrw!)

May have to have a look at the decluttering book too...our house also seems to accumulate random piles of paperwork and other stuff I never seem to get around to sorting!

Hi D, thanks for dropping by. Exercise is a funny one. Its taken years to realise that the times when I really don't feel like it are the times when I benefit (mentally) the most.
  • pinkypig
    Elderly parents had a crisis day yesterday (sadly we have many now) :(

No money news and not much achieved as barely at home.

Did manage

NSD
    Had a,quick look at dual fuel switch (deal ends 1st October)
    Healthy breakfast and lunch but dinner was a slice of toast at10pm:o

Feeling a bit weary and emotional but today is another day:)

PPx
  • Hi pp, well!

I've written down all her organising (which is what I need to do as the cleaning is in hand!) and set myself the challenge of getting it done by Christmas, she (the author) is obviously not running after a 1 year old.

So today during nap time I thought I'd make a start, not at the beginning though (I'm such a rule breaker) but with my 'night stand' mainly because the contents of my three drawers were already strewn across the floor thanks to Pickle's early morning adventures while I was getting dressed.

Lots of stuff chucked out, some returned to their home, 1 book in the ziff!t box and only essentials returned.

We'll see how I get on.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Wait until you get on to the bit about dusting your artwork!!

How's it going so far?
    Hi pp, well!

I've written down all her organising (which is what I need to do as the cleaning is in hand!) and set myself the challenge of getting it done by Christmas, she (the author) is obviously not running after a 1 year old.

So today during nap time I thought I'd make a start, not at the beginning though (I'm such a rule breaker) but with my 'night stand' mainly because the contents of my three drawers were already strewn across the floor thanks to Pickle's early morning adventures while I was getting dressed.

Lots of stuff chucked out, some returned to their home, 1 book in the ziff!t box and only essentials returned.

We'll see how I get on.

Sounds like you've made a great start and adapting these things to suit is always the best approach.
    I started at the beginning (such a conformist :rotfl:) and I'm doing the oven tomorrow:eek:
  • Ugh cleaning the oven, hideous job.

When we, eventually, getthe kitchen sorted and the oven replaced the last thing I'm going to bake in it is a baked Alaska. That way, if it goes horribly wrong I don't have to clean up the mess.

I've done nothing towards the declutter today, too tired & achy.

Enjoy your oven clean!

Wish
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure