Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• The key word of my day is productive :)

The Karch3r steamer was a positive decision. It has given me new energy to improve my surroundings. It’s surprising how effective a thorough clean can be to the overall appearance of my home.

Steam cleaned the following:

A large rug (discarded and out of use for a year and now cleaned and in my bedroom looking gorgeous) ;)

An air vent that was disgusting and now isn’t.

The top of a sticky, greasy cupboard, now lovely

I’ve been working from home day and already I can feel things winding down for Christmas so it was an easy day

Decluttering, glass jars, a steel bucket

Cleared rubbish strewn dining room table, now a lovely clear, clean surface :)

Hoovered bedroom

Repurposed a 1970s coffee jug into a utensil holder and the lid into a tea-light holder :)

Packaged a return to do when I am next in the office

HMRC cheque clipped to bu-jo for paying in when I am next in the office

Happy hump days everyone
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    A very fruitful day for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 7 December 2016 at 8:52PM
    After a whole day WFH I needed a walk. I walked 3 miles in total and that is good, but I got tempted by some bargains and spoiled my NSD with the following…

smoked salmon £3.50 to 90p X2
    venison sausages £4.00 to £1.05
    organic carrots £1.00 to 40p
    brussel sprouts £1.00 to 10p X4
    green beans £1.00 to 10p X3
    diced butternut squash £2.00 to 25p X3
    olives £4.00 to £1.15 X2

=£33 for £7

So, lentil and pumpkin curry, lemon millet and garlic green beans for my supper tomorrow :)

I was also tempted by absolute junk (crisps AND chocolate brazils)

=£2.80 :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Junk = Treat for all that steam cleaning :-)

Sam xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Junk = Treat for all that steam cleaning :-)
    Thanks Sam. I like your thinking :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I made a pumpkin and lentil curry but without a rich chicken stock or some miso it lacks something. I have run out of AnC organic chicken carcasses and now they are on ‘limited availability’ so others are on to what terrific value they are. I need to buy some miso but it costs £5 a jar, so it can stay in the fridge and I’ll get some miso tomorrow

3 doors steam cleaned :)
    Bath steamed clean (behind the taps was yuck) :)
    Toilet steam cleaned (So white! So clean!) :)

All toiletries now stored in a basket on the windowsill. I don’t have a bathroom cabinet. I’d really like one.

All bathroom bits and pieces now stored in a basket on the toilet windowsill. I’d really like an additional shelf for behind the toilet

Today I am feeling lack as one of my goals was to have an oven and I do not have one so another year will have passed oven-less. :( I could have bought a cheap one maybe, just about, but I feel a very cheap oven is a false economy and I want the oven to last.

I’m not sure I will have the means for a new oven in 2017 either as I am already short of my DF date and that is the bigger priority.:(

I’m going to buy a slow cooker for Christmas, a glass one. I don’t want to buy a mini oven either…I don't want to spend on substitutes that I then have to house...I might start a new oven savings pot but there are so many savings pots required arrgh!! :eek:

Sigh, going to find something else to steam clean…

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hallogen ovens are the bees and eees.
    Never ever use my oven now.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I picked up a halogen oven from Ald1 for £15. It doesn't get used much at present though as I found the temperature is very uneven top to bottom and it's too small to really do more than one thing at once, whereas if I put the main oven on I can make good use of it. I should probably declutter it when I move.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 December 2016 at 11:00PM
    Work went great today and I was commended following a meeting. I realise I have to put myself forward for more interesting and involved activities instead of moaning about the job not stretching me.

I still feel restricted at work but I choose to focus on the freedoms and use them well…

A terrible eating day today. Just not real food all day. If I don’t take food with me for lunch and eat breakfast it seems to be game over and I have a whole day of eating rubbish :o

MnS is my new go to place for YS food. I’ve been there twice this week so I probably need to knock it on the head…

Lamb chops £8.95 to £2.95

Sausages £3.35 to £1.15 X2

Gammon joint £8.80 to £2.80 X2

Yoghurt 50p to 20p X2

Ham £3.35 to £1.15 X2

Blue Clawson cheese £2.30 to 70p

Can’t be bothered to total how much I’ve saved but I’ve done well. I’m going to grill all the sausages and bag them ready cooked in the freezer so I can take a few to work with carrot sticks. I must stop these poor eating days!

I hope you ate well and worked well and played well today.

Happy weekend :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • A working from home Saturday. Grey, overcast…

Drudge jobs done: washing clothes and dishes...

Eating still not settled, so structures imposed. No eating before 11 or after 7 (intermittent fasting) I still ate loads of cheese. Not buying it anymore. It is the devils food :mad:

I threw away some pad Thai noodles and some port as these foods play havoc with my blood sugar and induce cravings for more food. A waste I know…:o

I am addicted to frozen sardine fillets grilled from frozen and eaten with crushed salt and fresh lemon juice. Having with lentils and spinach this evening. All very healthy :)

The good news is I did not spend anything today

I am doing nothing this evening, just pottering and I might steam clean a door...

I recently saw this quote: ‘I’m not saying no because I am busy, I am saying no because I don’t want to be busy’

It kind of sums up the situation :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills