PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    For today:

64-80 twenty six books out to cs
    80-83 three picture frames out to cs
    83 88 five wooden ornaments to cs
    89 some plastic bags binned

I feel that I'm cheating slightly as I'm listing individual items instead of making them one 'lot',but if I do it like that,I'll never get there.I really need to feel a sense of achievement and 100 items is not bad going.
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Get well soon endless struggle.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm going to be taking a break from the decluttering as am very unwell at the moment, having tests done and pretty much stuck in bed :( I've taken everything off of eBay except the ones with bids. I will try find someone to take them down the Post Office for me. As soon as I feel better will get back on with it but until then I'll just be watching everyone elses progress :D

I hope you are feeling better soon.. you can spend all this time comping then and increasing those wins ;) You might be a squillionaire by July :p
    xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    I meant get through the clutter that was left.. :p

sorry got the wrong end of the stick there:o yes you are right. I walk pass the rooms that are messy and shut the doors as it makes my heart sink :rotfl:

But I do need to start another room but not sure which. Think it will be my office/craft room as it is smaller but I think it has more junk than the other rooms :eek:

Need to be ruthless as well. If it has not been used in a while then out it goes.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm going to be taking a break from the decluttering as am very unwell at the moment, having tests done and pretty much stuck in bed :( I've taken everything off of eBay except the ones with bids. I will try find someone to take them down the Post Office for me. As soon as I feel better will get back on with it but until then I'll just be watching everyone elses progress :D

hope things improve for you really soon, please keep popping in and letting us know how you are - we will miss you :A
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pigpen - excuse me being nosey but what does KH mean?

Well not many outs but I have managed to keep busy and have no washing left to do. Off to do a bit of ironing, then after work I am going to have a potter round and see if I can find anything

Hope you all have a great day, catch you all later

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• I've not been on this thread for ages - maybe it wasn't even this thread, but some previous incarnation!

Anyway, DS2 (age 17) let me have a good fossick around in the huge cupboard in his room - he (sort of) assisted, and we got rid of some old stuff from primary school :shocked: and various bits of tat he'd accumulated - all went in the recycling bin. I had a little rearrange of the contents of the cupboard, so it looks tidy now :T

I also sneaked into his room when he wasn't there and sorted through his underwear/pyjama drawers, as he just bungs new stuff on top of old - got rid of a bag of rags from that.
    Enjoying the power and freedom of letting things go.

Decluttering - January 2024 - 89 physical objects, over 700 emails/digital decluttering 🎊 🏅🏅
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Rage_in_Eden Posts: 995 Forumite
    I think I was up to about 13? Not that much really compared to some but I've just done a wicker basket of stuff - you know the basket that everything gets dumped in. Perfumes back in the wardrobe, nail varnishes ditto, some old cosmetics thrown, unopened ones into store, costume bling put away, found my Waterman fountain pen and an unused costume watch which will do until I can get my late Mum's repaired, old pens chucked, good ones put away and so now there's nothing in it (well there will be when I put the ribbons in the ribbon tin downstairs...). I've also managed to gt rid of two giant clumps of hardy geranium in my garden and have some more "promised" to people - which means I should be able to put my lupins in the soil rather than tubs. So I reckon I'm up to about 25? Also got load of a load of letters/statements the other day so can I claim 26?
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2012 at 11:32AM
    Ziggy.. it stands for kn0bhe4d.. otherwise known as the childrens other parent

2 books decluttered to my sister
    3 ebay parcels to be posted later :D
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lol piggers, it must be horrible, but your tales of the kh do make me chuckle.

So:
    88 packaging to recycle
    89 old specs donated
    90 bag of used stamps to church collection
    91 magazine rack - to old friend as she admired it, and it was empty, and doesn't match the decor...

Wow so close to target. Might go back to my wardrobe shuffling, as I did really well last week but seem to have stopped for some reason. Would be nice to have neat wardrobes when decorating is finished and I move back in from spare room.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family