Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning Bob,

You're doing really well, you have a plan and if you need to use the CC then so be it.

8 miles :eek: well done on the Morrisons shop :)

I hope you're ok after your troll incident on here, there are some genuinely horrible people who get a thrill out of trying to upset others.

Morning. Thank you PM02 hope your day goes well.:)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2017 at 1:41PM
    Morning All

Last night came home to a (good for once) letter from business bank apparently I'd been charged £100 for a service the bank had then advertised for £25 and consequently they are going to refund me £77. It tantalisingly says they will do that 'this week' the letter was dated the 16th. Well it isn't there yet....But I am taking that as a good bit of news.

We have managed to run on fumes this week as haven't really had anything since Monday. But today we are at the stage of being out of butter, coffee, food generally, so will have to spend. Made a lovely chicken curry for dinner last night with very little. Carrots, onions, garlic, tin of Tomatoes, a pack of £1.50 chicken drumsticks, stripped and some curry powder. It was really tasty, and provided a big plate for each of us and a lunchbox for DH today.

Yesterday had two meetings/viewings in the end. Both positive experiences.

Have whizzed round upstairs with the hoover and stuck the DW on this morning.

Hope everyone's OK.

Bob

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What a rotten stinking nasty thing to do! (the troll not the curry) Some people are very brave when they hide behind their keyboards.

grrrrr. I'd bite them for you.

Chin up old chap, and great news on the viewings, may your deposits grow daily.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yay to the news from the bank Bob, thats great! Hope they pay up soon, I'm sure they took it quick enough!!

Well done you for creating a delicious tea with very little :T xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Forumite
    Thanks Foxy & Mummytogirls

Just flopping into a chair whilst the kids eat. It's been a bit of an afternoon. DS has had a really bad day at school. His teacher was absolutely lovely about it, spent about 15 minutes explaining what had gone on, and basically saying he is worried about him. Great. I couldn't think of one thing happening here to explain it away. So we've had a tense ride home, with me trying to be sympathetic and ask all the right questions whilst juggling bus changes, DDs general babyness and DSs defensiveness. Got home cooked a very quick spag bol, helped with maths homework & have now stopped. Till bathtime!

Honestly it's such a worry when your children are suddenly off key. DH is going to tackle him again at bedtime and see if he can get him to open up.

Now where is that gin ;)

• Grrr to trolls :mad: I seriously wish people had better stuff to do than make other people feel as worthless as they do. Don't let the losers get to you - I love reading your diary and I really appreciate the support you always give to me.

Good news from the bank though eh? That's a nice bit of £ to have when you need it - I hope it arrives really soon.

And I hope that things with ds are ok as well and you can get it sorted. I can completely relate to that.
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about DS - I don't have kids so I can only imagine how difficult (not to mention worrying for you) it can be when this kind of thing happens...

Good news about the bank, hope they return that sharpish! And I always think people who can think creatively about dinner with very little in the house are the luckiest kind of people - not everyone can do it, I've discovered!!

A hundred good wishes coming your way for all this to be a sign your luck is on the turn!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Bob, things are always so up and down for you, you're a great person for taking it all in your stride. Hope DS is ok - at least it's nearly the weekend and he might feel a little more up to talking then. Sounds like he has a good teacher looking out for him as well.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hope nothing too much is bothering DS. Seems there may be something in the air with these kids this week!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bobarella
    Forumite
    JWPopps wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about DS - I don't have kids so I can only imagine how difficult (not to mention worrying for you) it can be when this kind of thing happens...

Good news about the bank, hope they return that sharpish! And I always think people who can think creatively about dinner with very little in the house are the luckiest kind of people - not everyone can do it, I've discovered!!

A hundred good wishes coming your way for all this to be a sign your luck is on the turn!

Thanks so much :D
    Grrr to trolls :mad: I seriously wish people had better stuff to do than make other people feel as worthless as they do. Don't let the losers get to you - I love reading your diary and I really appreciate the support you always give to me.

Good news from the bank though eh? That's a nice bit of £ to have when you need it - I hope it arrives really soon.

And I hope that things with ds are ok as well and you can get it sorted. I can completely relate to that.

Thanks Cat :)
    Ratison wrote: »
    Bob, things are always so up and down for you, you're a great person for taking it all in your stride. Hope DS is ok - at least it's nearly the weekend and he might feel a little more up to talking then. Sounds like he has a good teacher looking out for him as well.

Aren't they just, please keep your hands inside the car rider:rotfl:

His teacher is amazing. I find him such a positive force in all ways. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport