PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Comments

• Hi I have just had a reply from alliance and liecester . I had a cc with them started in 1996 then was later taken over by mbna last year I started the reclaim process with them Mbna agree to refund premiums back to 2003 when they took it over but said I needed to speak to A+l about premuims before this date. I wrote to A+L I have just got a letter saying that if I can prove the premium between 1996 and 2003 they will look at it again I do not have they old statments does anyone have any suggestions ?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    mollymoo96 wrote: »
    Hi I have just had a reply from alliance and liecester . I had a cc with them started in 1996 then was later taken over by mbna last year I started the reclaim process with them Mbna agree to refund premiums back to 2003 when they took it over but said I needed to speak to A+l about premuims before this date. I wrote to A+L I have just got a letter saying that if I can prove the premium between 1996 and 2003 they will look at it again I do not have they old statments does anyone have any suggestions ?

Hi

Wow that is great well done to you and Congratulations Mollymoo.:T:beer::j
    I take it you have already tried their data dept to ask if there is anything on microfiche in relation to this account prior to 2003?
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi can anyone help me with mortgage protection insurance.
    I have been trawling through my old paperwork and have noticed that i have been paying mortgage protection insurance as part of my mortgage. I have a brief summary of what it protects and it is basically the same as ppi, if you are off due to accidents or unemployment etc.

Is it the same story about reclaiming this as PPi, this policy was not suitable as I am/was on 12 months full sick pay, would receive at least 6 months redundancy and also have my own insurance re death, injury etc.

Thanks
  • di3004
    bhoywonder wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help me with mortgage protection insurance.
    I have been trawling through my old paperwork and have noticed that i have been paying mortgage protection insurance as part of my mortgage. I have a brief summary of what it protects and it is basically the same as ppi, if you are off due to accidents or unemployment etc.

Is it the same story about reclaiming this as PPi, this policy was not suitable as I am/was on 12 months full sick pay, would receive at least 6 months redundancy and also have my own insurance re death, injury etc.

Thanks

Hi there

This is one for Dunstonh I believe, so if you can, keep on the same threads but start a new thread if you know what I mean and subject it as Mortgage PPI help.

Good luck with this.;)
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

This is one for Dunstonh I believe, so if you can, keep on the same threads but start a new thread if you know what I mean and subject it as Mortgage PPI help.

Good luck with this.;)

Thanks,

to be honest it was a monthly claim and i only had this for 2 years so not a great deal of money. At the time i dont remember agreeing to it, however my mortgage was arranged through an independant mortgage advice company and I assume they were on a good commission.

I was just curious but i think it would probably prove to be too much hassle to be honest for such a small return.

thanks anyway, i will stick to dealing with picture
  • reecos
    reecos Posts: 138 Forumite
    Hi All

Is there a link to an initial letter to send to the bank? I have completed the FOS questionnaire and want a good covering letter to go with it. Also, I am trying to claim against HSBC - does anyone have the best address to write to for them as they have several offices.

Many Thanks
  • di3004
    reecos wrote: »
    Hi All

Is there a link to an initial letter to send to the bank? I have completed the FOS questionnaire and want a good covering letter to go with it. Also, I am trying to claim against HSBC - does anyone have the best address to write to for them as they have several offices.

Many Thanks

Hi there

The questionnaire to what I know of replaced the first template letter on this website, but its known there is a higher success rate in writing your own letter by using your own words.
    So write to the best of your knowledge.

However, if you just want to use one as a guide, I posted a template letter a little while ago from another site, and will post the link below, but as said above try to use your own words if you can.
    Good luck.
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Money/documents/2007/10/26/PPIreclaim.pdf

HSBC Bank Plc
    8 Canada Square,
    London,
    E14 5HQ

I assumed it was the above address, but hopefully someone will confirm, who have had dealings with these, the best of luck.:)
  • Hi all you MSE's
    So the story so far is lloyds have agreed to pay back the ppi payments plus 8% interest woo hoo
    I signed the paper work about 20 days ago and am still waiting for word on money going into bank. i emailed the CEO and he got back saying they are backlogged FANBLINKINTASTIC :(

Has anyone else won with lloyds and could you tell me how long they took to pay up from you sending the acceptance letter back

Thanks all x
    :A
  • di3004
    601448805 wrote: »
    Hi all you MSE's
    So the story so far is lloyds have agreed to pay back the ppi payments plus 8% interest woo hoo
    I signed the paper work about 20 days ago and am still waiting for word on money going into bank. i emailed the CEO and he got back saying they are backlogged FANBLINKINTASTIC :(

Has anyone else won with lloyds and could you tell me how long they took to pay up from you sending the acceptance letter back

Thanks all x
    :A

Hi , well done and Congratulations on your success.:beer::T:j

This is Lloyds all over, but you will get your money.

I so far reclaimed back 4 loan ppi's from them and they were refunded all different times, the first one was after they received the acceptance 21 working days after and the others taken a little longet than that again, but keep chasing up, tell them you urgently need your refund for as soon as possible, good luck.;)XX
  • debt55
    debt55 Posts: 250 Forumite
    ok i have got my ppi back on a loan from all&leics, fantastic!!

BUT... put in a claim with hsbc for a credit card and rbs for a credit card and both have been rejected.

they both said as i took the cards out over the internet i did not recieve any advice and chose the ppi myself.

am i finished with these? what can i say to them to help my cases?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure